    may still be able to get it at Walmart in Lapeer, MI (about 25 minutes
    East from Flint, exit 155 from I-69)

    (ps when will ST VI be out?)

    Impmon, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Impmon

    Brian Guest

    Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.

    Brian, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Impmon

    Wade365 Guest

    << Star Trek VI and Generations will have "Directors Editions" in early 2004.
    Just remember: Buy the EVEN NUMBERED sequels only.

    : )

    I liked No.6, I especially remember going "Oooooo!" when those Klingons were
    shot up in zero-gravity and the purplish blood was floating around... because
    of this thread I sat through No.5 last night and it's just so lame... what is
    it about the series curse? Or was it just that it was Shatner's turn to direct?

    .... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?

    : )

    Wade365, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    Even if just for the second disc? I never planned on watching the movie
    itself anyway-- it has to be nthe worst of all ST movies. Beside I
    don't want a hole on my shelf between ST4 and ST6. ;)

    Impmon, Oct 10, 2003
  5. In
    ST5 is kinda like "Space Quest 5" to me... it never happened. ;)

    (For those who don't get what I just said, there was this sci-fi spoof
    game series called "Space Quest" done by Sierra Online. Anyways, as
    a joke in the 6th.. err.. 5th... game, they make it "Space Quest 6" and
    said that in some point in the game that "we lost the master disks for
    Space Quest 5.")

    Brian \Demolition Man\ Little, Oct 10, 2003
  6. ... and what DOES God need with a spaceship, anyway?
    "ZZAAPP!!" - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Impmon

    TSKO Guest

    I am going to go where no man has gone before......to allow a hole between 4
    and 6..........I cant just get up the nerve to buy it....total waste of
    money for me....so alas....I am going to let it go...

    TSKO, Oct 10, 2003
  8. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    Too bad it can't be said for Battlestar Galactica 1980. :p

    Impmon, Oct 10, 2003
  9. Impmon

    jayembee Guest

    If I do that, I'll end up owning a sequel I don't like (IV)
    and not owning a sequel I *do* like (INSURRECTION).

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 10, 2003
  10. After careful thought, I've put Nemesis on the bottom of ST movies:
    to me, it is definitely the worst. By far.

    Baby-talk Data vs. Kirk beating up God. Hmmm. I'll take the
    latter, thank you.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 10, 2003
  11. Impmon

    jayembee Guest

    Yeah, but try making it Baby-talk Data vs. "Row-row-row your
    boat" or Baby-talk Data vs. Uhura's fan dance.

    -- jayembee

    jayembee, Oct 10, 2003
  12. Mmmm. Uhura fan dance. At least she actually got to do
    something in the movie, unlike Dorn, McFadden, Burton.
    I guess that's why I like V: at least there are some character
    moments (or character assasination moments, I guess).
    With Nemesis, I felt like I paid to see the crew, but
    only got the 2 bald guys and 2 robots, none of them
    terribly interesting.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Oct 11, 2003
  13. Impmon

    GMAN Guest

    That is NOT the directors edition slated for the 14th

    GMAN, Oct 11, 2003
  14. Impmon

    Wade365 Guest

    All these points you bring up... my lunch is not far behind, I tell ye...

    .... ulp... "fan dance"...

    .... I have yet to see "Nemesis"... waiting for cable.

    Wade365, Oct 11, 2003
  15. Impmon

    Impmon Guest

    I don't know but when I used DVD Profiler, it didn't have a listing for
    ST:V even though I added via UPC code. Amazon showed only 2 different
    ST:V, one old version (released about 3 or 4 years) and the new version
    due next Tuesday.

    Impmon, Oct 11, 2003
  16. Actually, Space Quest 5 did happen.. it was called 'The Next Mutation'.

    I believe you are thinking of the Leisure Suit Larry Franchise which
    skipped I believe Part 4. (For those even more hard core into Space Quest,
    you'll remember that Roger Wilco deleted Larry 4 at the end of Space Quest IV)

    Jack Laughlin, Oct 13, 2003
  17. Impmon

    Eric R. Guest

    Actually, I think they topped it (or, rather, "bottomed" it) with Star
    Trek: Insurrection.

    I wouldn't have thought it possible to make a worse bonehead move than
    to let Shatner direct. But then someone came along and greenlit a
    script with lines like: "In the event of a water landing, I have been
    designed to act as a floatation device." -- Data

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 15, 2003
  18. Impmon

    Smaug69 Guest

    And "Saddle up! Lock and load!"

    That's what happens when you randomly pick from the pile of scripts
    rejected for the TV series.

    Smaug69

    Smaug69, Oct 16, 2003
  19. Impmon

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    Ain't that the truth?

    The "lock and load" line is a particular favorite of mine. What exactly
    are they supposed to load into their phaser rifles?

    Joshua Zyber, Oct 17, 2003
  20. Impmon

    Eric R. Guest

    If I was forced to muddle through that kind of dialogue, I'd be
    tempted to put one of those phaser rifles to my head.

    -Eric

    Eric R., Oct 17, 2003