    movie he always wanted to make. Or, alternativly, is it just going to be the
    original with some extra interviews and a commentary like movies 2, 3 and 4?

    Anyone know any details on this release?

    Representative Trantis, Jul 12, 2003

  2. Representative Trantis

    John Howells Guest

    Various sources, including
    http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html
    and
    http://www.petitiononline.com/TrekV/petition.html
    indicate that there will be no "director's cut" of ST:V.

    John Howells

    John Howells, Jul 12, 2003

  3. After reading his book and all that went on during it, I am amazed it hung
    together as well as it did.

    Karen

    Karen Chuplis, Jul 13, 2003
  4. The Highlander (aka Gordon) () previously said
    the following crap:
    No, not even Shatner himself doing a director's cut could
    convince me to buy that piece of crap. Although I am a OAR
    person myself, ST5 is the only film that benefits from P&S.

    Why?

    Because you are missing out on 50% of how bad ST5 really is! ;-)

    --
    The Demolition Man
    A reminder to the world....

    The Demolition Man, Jul 13, 2003
  5. You must have missed Star Trek: Nemesis, then, which did kill the
    movie franchise and is even worse than STV. Seriously.

    VJM

    Vincent J. Murphy, Jul 13, 2003
    Agreed. Astounded that Spiner & Stewart put their names to it.

    Chesney Christ, Jul 13, 2003
  7. Representative Trantis

    graham Guest

    graham, Jul 13, 2003
  8. Nemesis was great. By far the worst Trek movie is Insurrection.

    --
    "It is dark, you are likely to be eaten by a grue."
    --Zork

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Jul 13, 2003
  9. Representative Trantis

    Meng Guest

    Well, it has got a Jerry Goldsmith score.

    But then, when you're talking about the music being the best thing about a
    movie then that speaks volumes.

    Meng, Jul 13, 2003
  10. The Highlander (aka Gordon) () previously said
    the following crap:
    Okay, what is so worthy about ST5? I see nothing outside of a few
    mildly funny jokes that saves that piece of crap.

    Please... I'm all ears as to why you even like it.

    The Demolition Man, Jul 13, 2003
  11. Representative Trantis

    ksgemini Guest

    Seriously Nemesis was one of the best and people not seeing it killed
    the franchise not the script...just my opinion as what u wrote is just
    yours...maybe some people love ST V ...Who knows...

    ksgemini, Jul 13, 2003
  12. A certain ksgemini, of uk.media.dvd "fame", writes :
    People would have seen it (like they did the two predecessors) if the
    script was good, and maybe also if it had been properly timed.

    Chesney Christ, Jul 13, 2003
  13. Representative Trantis

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    The script on Insurrection certainly wasn't good.

    Joshua Zyber, Jul 13, 2003
  14. Representative Trantis

    Jim Fraas Guest

    There should have been a "Q" movie.

    Jim Fraas, Jul 13, 2003
  15. What was wrong with it? It was a good "episode" basically. I really don't
    see why people look for more than a "double episode" on the movies.

    Karen

    Karen Chuplis, Jul 14, 2003
  16. Representative Trantis

    Bill Guest

    Yes! It's timing was horrible! It came out the weekend right before
    the Wednesday that "The Two Towers" was released. The anticipation
    of the second installment of "The Lord of the Rings" was enough to
    keep me from seeing Nemesis until long after it had began at the
    theaters. I even remember thinking at the time, that Nemesis SHOULD
    have come out at least a week earlier than it did. I would have seen
    it opening weekend then.

    - Bill

    Bill, Jul 14, 2003
  17. The story and the characters.

    It was a good "episode" basically. I really don't

    For me, it because I'm being asked to pay money to see it.

    Arthur Lipscomb, Jul 14, 2003
  18. The Highlander (aka Gordon) () previously said
    the following crap:
    I was curious as to why you liked it because I have yet to
    outside of you hear of anyone who found anything redeemable
    from ST5.
    Because I thought ST5 sucked.
    Its actual dislike, it has nothing to do with Shatner. I found the plot
    incredibly poor, the character continuation especially with Kirk even
    worser (he's drinking with the Klingons at the end of ST5 yet is back
    to hateing them at the start of ST6), etc etc etc.

    The plot is quickly forgettable, and at best is on par with the worse
    of TOS episodes as well. While your reasons are very logical, I
    find ST5 very illogical and I would rather forget about it then to even
    dare wanting to have it sit in my DVD collection much like other films
    I would rather not own.

    The Demolition Man, Jul 14, 2003
  19. Representative Trantis

    Guest Guest

    I agree that in ST5 the characters seemed "out of character." Even worse
    though, the story seemed contrived. It didn't *feel* like a Star Trek movie.
    I too never found anything to like about this movie.

    Guest, Jul 14, 2003
  20. Representative Trantis

    Guest Guest

    Funny how you can love a character so much (Captain Kirk) but not the actor
    (Shatner).

    Guest, Jul 14, 2003