    This particular cartridge is about $11 at my local Staples store (I
    guess mail order is cheaper because shipping is added?), whereas the
    Canon brand is about $13 ($12 if I buy two or more).

    nosredna, Apr 11, 2005

  2. nosredna

    measekite Guest

    I AM REALLY CONFUSED!

    Why would you want to spend more money for some junk 3rd party ink at
    Stables when you can go to Costco or Costco.com and buy the real Canon
    OEM Genuine carts for $9.00? This does not make any cents.

    measekite, Apr 11, 2005

  3. nosredna

    Ed Velez Guest

    I tried Staples inks for my Canon and they did not fit correctly into the
    slots and he colors were not as good. I would stay away from Staples brand
    definitely.

    Ed Velez, Apr 11, 2005
  4. nosredna

    Tony Guest

    Tony, Apr 11, 2005
  5. Well, for my different printer (Epson R800) Costco only lists
    three-packs of the cartridges. The per-cartridge prices are good,
    but I'm not sure the threepack price is actually good for me (though
    if I keep up my recent rate of printing, it might be). The R800
    cartridges expire in a year, I think.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 11, 2005
  6. nosredna

    measekite Guest

    There is NO savings. He is paying $2.00 more than Costco prices.

    measekite, Apr 11, 2005
  7. nosredna

    measekite Guest

    Just turn the thing on and off a few times and you will catch up with
    your ink supply. And especially for the R800 pigmented permanent head
    printer I would not be so eager to clog the heads with Staple's 3rd
    party ink.

    measekite, Apr 11, 2005

  8. Especially when Costco's shipping is so high.

    Oliver Costich, Apr 12, 2005
  9. I wouldn't dream of using Staple's ink. But I did run my 1200 almost
    exclusively with Generations Microbright pigmented ink (through a
    CIS). That is, I'm not at all against third-party inks, but I choose
    them for permanence rather than cheapness.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 12, 2005
  10. nosredna

    nosredna Guest

    No Costco around these parts, and I don't use credit cards, so I can't
    order online. I heard that Sam's Club has them for $9, but I'm not a
    member.

    nosredna, Apr 24, 2005
  11. nosredna

    measekite Guest