    a Ctrl+Alt+Del -- hitting the Del a few times -- the thing reboots in
    the normal way.

    Any suggestions what else to try?

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 23, 2003

  2. Harvey Van Sickle

    Liz Guest

    If you have a PnP BIOS, the BIOS will do the configuring itself.
    Check the BIOS setup menu
    On the Advanced menu
    Boot Configuration
    Plug & Play O/S = No (Lets the BIOS configure all the devices in the system.)
    Save & Exit

    See if this helps.

    Liz, Sep 23, 2003

  3. Thanks for the suggestion Liz; didn't appear to work, though -- I
    went into the BIOS set-up, and it was already arranged that way.

    Is it worth booting with PnP O/S enabled, then switching back to "No"
    again -- or does that risk really screwing things up?

    (The loss of standby is a pain, but I'll just live without it if I risk
    wrecking something else.)

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 23, 2003
  4. Harvey Van Sickle

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  5. Harvey Van Sickle

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  6. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 16:54:51 GMT, °Mike° wrote
    Thanks Mike, but that doesn't seem to be it: those deal with problems
    of USB keyboards and mice, and both of those are on old-fashioned ports
    on my set-up.

    Thanks for reminding me that I need to poke around the Knowledge Base
    articles a bit more, though.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 23, 2003
  7. Harvey Van Sickle

    °Mike° Guest

    Have you tried a scanreg /restore from DOS?

    °Mike°, Sep 23, 2003
  8. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:28:26 GMT, °Mike° wrote
    That's a thought; will give that a go.

    --
    Cheers, Harvey

    Ottawa/Toronto/Edmonton for 30 years;
    Southern England for the past 21 years.
    (for e-mail, change harvey to whhvs)

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 23, 2003
  9. On Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:28:26 GMT, °Mike° wrote
    Tried it -- and it worked!

    The only thing I can think of that I installed in that period was a new
    version of Weather Pulse; must have done something, but god knows
    what.

    Many, many thanks.

    Harvey Van Sickle, Sep 23, 2003
  10. Harvey Van Sickle