    beacuse it has way to many possibilities for me. But now Outlook express is
    not my standard email program any more. When I set it to 'standard', the
    setting is gone when I look again. What do I do??

    Jan van Gastel, Oct 17, 2003

  2. Jan van Gastel

    Chet Guest

    In OE click "tools" "options" "general" and at the bottom of the dialogue
    box click "make default".

    Chet, Oct 17, 2003

  3. Jan van Gastel

    LarryLamb Guest

    There's a possibility that OE wasn't configured properly, in which case
    close it down, go to Run on the Start menu and type the following,
    (including the quotation marks): "C:\Program Files\Outlook
    Express\msimn.exe" /reg Open OE and go to Tools > Options and on
    the General tab OE should now be the default and the Make Default button
    should be greyed out.

    LarryLamb, Oct 18, 2003
  4. Hi Larry,

    Windows says it cannot find the file "C:\Program Files\Outlook
    Express\msimn.exe"/reg

    Regards,

    Jan

    Jan van Gastel, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Chet,

    I already tried that, but when I close the window and open again, it is not
    'default' any more.

    Jan van Gastel, Oct 19, 2003
  6. Jan van Gastel

    LarryLamb Guest

    Hi Jan

    Did you copy it exactly ..."C:\Program Files\Outlookwith a gap between exe" and /reg ?

    LarryLamb, Oct 19, 2003
  7. Hi Larry,

    I tried about 10 times, but always I forgot the gap. Never saw it was there.
    With the gap it worked perfectly.
    Thanks a lot.

    Regards,

    Jan van Gastel, Oct 19, 2003