    or do I need to install the NIC card and configure it.
    Thanks!
    Gerry

    Guest, Nov 12, 2005

  2. Guest

    LRM Guest

    you can install a loopback adapter.
    use this nic to set up AD, DHCP etc... set it to static
    Here are the steps you need:
    To install the Microsoft Loopback Adapter, follow these steps:

    1.. Go to Start | Control Panel | Add Hardware.
    2.. In the introductory dialog box, click Next.
    3.. Select Yes, I Have Already Connected The Hardware, and click Next.
    4.. Scroll to the bottom of the Installed Hardware list box, select Add A
    New Hardware Device, and click Next.
    5.. Select the Install The Hardware That I Manually Select From A List
    (Advanced) option, and click Next.
    6.. Under Hardware Types, select Network Adapters, and click Next.
    7.. Under Manufacturer, select Microsoft.
    8.. Under Network Adapter, select Microsoft Loopback Adapter.
    9.. Click Next twice, and click Finish.
    Good luck and good job on working this out the way you should.
    The instructions above came from this site:
    http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-1035_11-5647584.html#
    They were proved by Scott Lowe and you can also go to:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842561
    for another approach. I prefer the above instructions because it requires
    you to do something a little different than just downloading a file and
    running it.

    Party on!

    LRM, Nov 12, 2005