    Should I do anything?

    Thank you
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012

  2. Yes go back to knitting.

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2012

  3. Same here Yeah - avoid Facebook !

    Frank Williams, Dec 20, 2012
  4. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    With all the family scattered around the world, we use Facebook all the
    time.
    I'll ask there and see if anyone knows.

    I'll see if it happens again and note what I was doing.
    The computer has been playing up lately. I just restart and it behaves
    itself again.
    Time for the computer man after Christmas, I think.

    Merry Christmas!

    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  5. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    very helpful!

    Merry Christmas!

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  6. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    We use Facebook all the time. I'll see if anyone there knows what it is.

    Trend micro watches Facebook, I found. They put a warning on one post, not
    to open.
    So it should be safe enough.

    I've only got it for Friends, so the public, stalkers and silly kids don't
    get in, but a bit of spam gets through sometimes.

    Merry Christmas!
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 20, 2012
  7. Geopelia

    JohnO Guest

    His real name is Roger Sheppard, and that is about as helpful as he gets!

    Merry Christmas to you and Hubby, Geo.

    JohnO, Dec 20, 2012
  8. Geopelia

    Enkidu Guest

    That's Roger for you.

    On the face of it, it doesn't look like a big problem, unless it happens
    a lot.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 21, 2012
  9. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    Probably not, Geo.

    This page may be helpful, it seems to indicate that the error is related
    to the site you are visiting, in this case a certain page on Facebook

    <http://en.kioskea.net/faq/6657-ie-stack-overflow-at-line-0>

    To quote the relevant part:

    "When you browse certain sites, Microsoft Internet Explorer displays the
    following error:

    Stack overflow at line: 0

    The problem does not come from your computer or your browser, and is not
    a virus. it is simply a JavaScript error related to the site you are
    visiting. Only the site owner can correct this error. You can contact
    them to notify them of this error."

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012
  10. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    So why does not MS, either shut up or b) display the above message?
    And a great New Year, which Mayan wise starts tomorrow morning. Another long
    cycle starts, as one has just/is about to end. 5000 odd years.

    The sun is now in the centre of the universe.

    All this world ending stuff is rather $ grabbing. I reckoned the Mayans
    thought that 700 plus years into the future would do for now calaender wise.

    In some ways they were right, the now, now, now world we live in is right
    here right now. So what is tomorrow?

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  11. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    You memory is short. Woger/Roger can fire the bullet thru the bulls eye with
    ease.
    Lets make that to one and all. Follwed by peace on earth. People are still
    working on that one.

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  12. Geopelia

    Gordon Guest

    I chose to advoid FaceBook et al as they are sucking up personal data for
    their profit.

    The real question of the day is, Who on line do you trust? And I am not
    talking about the small guy.

    Gordon, Dec 21, 2012
  13. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    Didn't they (Mayans) invent Kool-Aid?

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012
  14. Geopelia

    Dave Doe Guest

    It's a javascript error, which you shouldn't worry about. You may need
    to restart IE.

    Dave Doe, Dec 21, 2012
  15. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    All I have there is "female" and my age. And my picture was taken in 1959,
    so if they want to stalk a female they are over half a century too late!
    I don't do any online banking etc.

    How could Facebook profit? They don't charge anything.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  16. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thanks, and the same to you. Hope the weather keeps fine for you.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  17. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    It's only happened once, that's why I asked here.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  18. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you, and the same to you.

    I forget which page I was looking at, if it's JavaScript I don't use that
    (as far as I am aware), so I won't worry.

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  19. Geopelia

    Geopelia Guest

    Thank you. I've restarted since, and I turn off the computer at nights, so
    it gets a rest.
    It seems to go better after a restart. Seems rather slow these days, unless
    that's the Broadband.

    Merry Christmas!
    Geopelia

    Geopelia, Dec 21, 2012
  20. Geopelia

    Mike Dee Guest

    The JavaScript error was coming from the serving page you were looking
    at, not from your computer. But yes, nothing to worry about if it
    doesn't reoccur repeatedly.

    Mike Dee, Dec 21, 2012