SSH Problem Incoming

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Fred Atkinson, Apr 30, 2011.

  1. I have telnet blocked for management access on my Cisco 871
    SOHO router.

    From inside my network, I use Putty.exe to access the user
    interface. When I access it, I first get a prompt for my user name
    and then my password (I am using login local).

    From outside my network, if you use Putty.exe to access the
    user interface, you immediately get a password prompt (no prompt for a
    user ID).

    I can't seem to figure out why this is happening.

    Does anyone have any educated guesses?

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Apr 30, 2011

  2. Thanks for the response but no.

    I checked that. I have 'login local' on both the vty and the
    con port.

    Regards,

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, Apr 30, 2011

  3. Fred Atkinson

    Geatz

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Messages:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    Can you post your config?

    Geatz, May 3, 2011
  4. Peter,

    It was finally got it resolved though I'm still not sure how the
    problem cleared.

    Thanks for your response.

    Fred

    Fred Atkinson, May 8, 2011