    If I pull the Cisco and put in a simple Dlink or Linksys everything
    works like it should. We would prefer to use the Cisco. Any ideas,
    thanks - Bill

    Bill, Feb 12, 2005

  2. Bill

    Brad Guest

    You'll need to provide a lot more info for anyone to provide any useful
    troubleshooting. For starters your router config and your squid.conf
    file.

    As a general rule all your hosts' browsers should be pointed to the IP
    and proper port on the box that squid is running which in turn should
    be pointed to your router as its gateway. The router should be
    configured to only accept traffic from the squid box so users can't
    bypass the proxy.

    Brad, Feb 14, 2005

  3. Bill

    Bill Guest

    thanks Brad - I can post the cisco config and squid config no problem
    but would like to ask one thing first. We would rather not force
    everyone to the proxy; allow some hosts to go directly outside thru the
    router while having the proxy in place for those proxied - therefore
    would this be possible? Remember, the low end routers work perfectly
    for this and I can't understand why. Thanks - Bill

    Bill, Feb 16, 2005