SQLServer

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Peter, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. Peter

    Peter Guest

    Can anyone help with this problem? If not can you point me in an appropriate
    direction please.

    When I install MS SQL Server 2000 it appears to install no problem but when
    I try to connect I get the followin errors...

    ---------------------------
    Service Control Failure
    ---------------------------
    An error 1069 - (The service did not start due to a logon failure) occurred
    while performing this service operation on the MSSQLServer service.
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

    when I press ok I get the following...

    ---------------------------
    SQL Server Enterprise Manager
    ---------------------------
    A connection could not be established to (LOCAL).

    Reason: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.
    ConnectionOpen (Connect())..

    Please verify SQL Server is running and check your SQL Server registration
    properties (by right-clicking on the (LOCAL) node) and try again.
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------

    Thanks in advance.

    Regards.

    Peter

    Peter, Jul 24, 2004

  2. Peter

    Duane Arnold Guest

    You can go to Control Panel/Administrative Tools Services and double-
    click on MSSQLSERVER and the Logon tab. It should be using the Loacal
    System Account.

    If the SQL Server icon is not in the job tray, then SQL Server is not
    running.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 24, 2004