    JFoushee Guest

    Hi, does anyone have info on how to qualify for the SQL 2008 beta-exam?

    I figured it's best to ask as early as possible.

    JFoushee, Nov 5, 2007

  2. You need to do two things:
    1. Sign up for the MCP flash.
    2. Regularly monitor blogs.msdn.com/trika. Occasionally beta notifications
    are posted there.
    Most of the time, betas are offered to people who have passed the previous
    exams, so be sure you pass as many of the SQL Server 2005 exams as you can.

    LarryWestMCSD, Nov 5, 2007

  3. JFoushee

    Darrilgibson Guest

    Adding to what Larry has written.

    Microsoft says that they announce beta invitations via MCP Flash.
    However, I recently searched past MCP Flashes back to April 2007 and
    found only one mention of beta tests - one MCP Flash stated the Server
    2008 upgrade exams would be available at TechEd 2007 (and they were)
    but beyond that there were no invitations.

    Trika's blog mentions an announcement via an online meeting Dec 12
    where information on SQL Server 2008 certifications will be shared.
    You can probably ask specifically how they plan on doing beta exams if
    you attend one of the two meetings.
    December 12, 2007, at 7:30 A.M. Pacific Time:
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032357067&Culture=en-US
    December 12, 2007, at 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time:
    http://msevents.microsoft.com/CUI/EventDetail.aspx?EventID=1032357174&Culture=en-US

    HTH,

    Darril Gibson
    MCT, MCDBA, MCITP, MCSE, MCSD
    Mcitpsuccess.com
    Author, MCITP SQL Server 2005 Database Administration All-in-One Exam
    Guide (Exams 70-431, 70-443, & 70-444)

    Darrilgibson, Nov 6, 2007
  4. JFoushee

    JFoushee Guest

    Thanks for your information, everyone!

    JFoushee, Nov 6, 2007
  5. JFoushee

    Darrilgibson Guest

    It's beginning to look like it'll be a long time for the SQL Server
    2008 certifications.

    Microsoft originally scheduled a Live Meeting for November 14th,
    2007.
    It was rescheduled for December 12th.
    The December 12th meeting was rescheduled for Feb 6th 2008.

    In the email that Microsoft sent to me letting me know of the
    cancelled meeting, they including links on the SQL Server 2005
    certifications.

    Review the upgrade path from MCDBA to SQL Server 2005 at
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdba/upgrade/default.mspx

    Consider earning the MCTS: SQL Server 2005 certification in one exam
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/sql/default.mspx

    Review requirements for SQL Server 2005 MCITP certifications
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/dbadmin/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/dbdev/default.mspx
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcitp/bid/default.mspx

    Darril Gibson