    tia,
    -joe
    http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/jbc33/

    joe, Dec 15, 2004

  2. You do understand what I mean by that term, do you?

    Lady Chatterly, Dec 15, 2004

  3. joe

    °Mike° Guest

    What gives you the idea that the three softwares that
    you mentioned are for killing popups?

    °Mike°, Dec 15, 2004
  4. joe

    Plato Guest

    http://www.bootdisk.com/xptop20.htm#3
    popups are different than "ads" perhaps

    Plato, Dec 15, 2004
  5. joe

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    Tried Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.05?

    Make sure you are updating any spyware etc definitions first

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Dec 15, 2004
  6. joe

    Toolman Tim Guest

    | After the three software cleaners I've paid for (SpyBot asks for a
    donation,
    | I sent $30) none of them can get rid of the same popups: Sprint, some
    | "Opinion Group" and another I forget. I also have the google.com toolbar
    | which use to work when IE was open, but now it can't block these evasive
    |
    | Does any one know a software tool that will get rid of these few remaining
    | annoying ads?

    Joe, is there the possibility that you're getting MESSENGER ads, not
    pop-ups? If you're not on an office network you don't need Windows
    Messenger. Disable in the services list: WinKey-R (start/run), type in
    Services.msc and press enter. In the right side window, scroll down to
    "Messenger". Right-click on it, select "Properties". About half-way down
    that dialog box, change the "Startup Type" to "Disabled".

    Toolman Tim, Dec 16, 2004
  7. Try iolo system mechanic quite good includes a whole host of other tools as
    well

    www.iolo.com

    David Hemingsley, Dec 16, 2004
  8. joe

    joe Guest

    thx dave! "dave's not here..." :)

    joe, Dec 16, 2004
  9. joe

    joe Guest

    *sigh* - nice try - but the "Startup type" was set to disabled. :/

    thx anyway

    joe, Dec 16, 2004
  10. joe

    joe Guest