    thing very often and it'll take me a long time.

    TIA.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Steve Freides

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:58:57 -0400, Steve Freides wrote:

    It's not Ethernet ports, those are something different from what you
    mean.
    Maybe these guys,
    http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/
    http://www.pctools.com/spyware-doctor/support/
    http://www.pctools.com/contact/index/guide/spyware-doctor/
    You forgot to say what FW? Since you want to change it's configuration
    however you may think it's not worth mentioning.
    Not if everything is blocked by default and it's logged. Simply looking
    at the FW log file should show what as blocked.
    Me

    why?, Jun 10, 2005

  3. I already sent them email; they haven't responded.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 10, 2005
  4. Steve Freides

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Well if the software running on the machine is making the solicitation for
    traffic to the remote update site, then you should not have to configure
    the FW to do anything as the FW should open the appropriate inbound port(s)
    on its own and allow the traffic.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jun 10, 2005
  5. We use a very tight firewall. Everything is blocked, period, unless I
    specifically open it up. In the past I have configured it simply by
    knowing what protocol and ports needed to be opened, and that's what I
    would like to do here.

    While I appreciate everyone's attempt at advice, I'd really just like to
    know the ports and protocol involved in Spyware Doctor updates. I can
    certainly figure them out, and I guess that's what I'll be doing this
    weekend.

    -S-

    Steve Freides, Jun 11, 2005