    The entire story at:

    http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66726,00.html

    , Mar 3, 2005

  2. Drude Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > For internet users seeking to avoid exposure to spyware and intrusive
    > ads, the prevailing wisdom among net security experts has long been that
    > a good first step is to switch from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to an
    > alternate browser.
    >
    > But now that millions have taken the advice and changed to browsers like
    > Mozilla Firefox, more spyware and adware writers are also making the
    > switch.
    >
    > The entire story at:
    >
    > http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66726,00.html

    Not surprised, it would happen eventually...

    Drude

    Drude, Mar 3, 2005

  3. On 2005-03-03, <> wrote:

    > For internet users seeking to avoid exposure to spyware and intrusive
    > ads, the prevailing wisdom among net security experts has long been that
    > a good first step is to switch from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to an
    > alternate browser.
    >
    > But now that millions have taken the advice and changed to browsers like
    > Mozilla Firefox, more spyware and adware writers are also making the
    > switch.
    >
    > The entire story at:
    >
    > http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66726,00.html

    They make some legitimate points, but don't mention that extensions such
    as AdBlock, the lack of ActiveX security exploits, and general separation
    of the browser from the operating system make Mozilla/Firefox more secure
    than IE can ever hope to be.

    --

    -John ()

    John Thompson, Mar 3, 2005
  4. Tony Pacc Guest

    try kazaa LITE,NO spyware

    Tony Pacc, Mar 3, 2005
  5. Big Will Guest

    Tony Pacc wrote:
    > try kazaa LITE,NO spyware
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For internet users seeking to avoid exposure to spyware and intrusive
    >>ads, the prevailing wisdom among net security experts has long been that
    >>a good first step is to switch from Microsoft's Internet Explorer to an
    >>alternate browser.
    >>
    >>But now that millions have taken the advice and changed to browsers like
    >>Mozilla Firefox, more spyware and adware writers are also making the
    >>switch.
    >>
    >>The entire story at:
    >>
    >>http://www.wired.com/news/business/0,1367,66726,00.html

    umm...wrong thred, I think.