    Would like some user comments before shelling out $170.00 US.
    Lee
    "A zebra does not change its spots." -- Al Gore

    NCFUBAR, Apr 27, 2006

  2. Have SpyderPro2 for monitor calibration but all the other software
    bundled in has never been used.

    The Spyder2 is an excellent calibrator.

    John A. Stovall, Apr 27, 2006

  3. Same here ... the software is a bit of a let down (I may as well have not
    bought the pro version at all).
    Agreed.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Apr 27, 2006
  4. NCFUBAR

    Mardon Guest

    I bought Spyder2PRO and find it to be a great colorimeter. I have
    dual monitors so I use both the colorimeter software and the profile
    chooser software. I do not use any of the other software that came
    with it. Most of the other stuff was pretty trivial and useless.
    Despite that, the Spyder2 is a wonderful device for keeping monitors
    calibrated. The profile chooser software is also essential for dual
    monitors since window XP doesn't handle separate colour profiles for
    dual monitors.

    If you buy a colorimeter, I also recommend that you buy the book
    "Real World Color Management, Second Edition" by Bruce Fraser, et.
    Al. It is wonderful book for helping people understanding colour
    management. BTW, monitor calibration is not a one-time thing. It
    must be done frequently to keep the colours accurate as the hardware
    drifts. If you are using colour aware applications, like Photoshop,
    then an accurately calibrated monitor is essential and you need a
    colorimeter like the Spyder to achieve that.

    Mardon, Apr 28, 2006
  5. NCFUBAR

    NCFUBAR Guest

    Thanks for the info. I also use 2 monitors and have found that
    Windows XP nor Adobe GammaLoader handle 2 profiles.

    Will take a look at the book also.

    NCFUBAR, Apr 28, 2006