    Kyle

    $1million US dollars to sensfan_luvslisa (at) yahoo (dot) ca. Change the
    reply. Money gets faster attention ;o)

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 14, 2004

  2. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Philo Hippo Guest

    Avenue A is what is known as a spyware, it does not do any damage to your
    computer but if you happen to have to pay for Internet access or/and have a
    slow computer, it will slow your connection throuput by sending information
    about you, WITHOUT 1- your knowing it 2- your permission.
    So. DO block that rubbish. Let spybot do it for you.

    --

    Hope that helps,

    Phil
    IT Analyst
    SE1, London, UK,
    http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget
    philippeoget at yahoo dot com

    Programming Excel: <a
    href="http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget/xl/InternetLinkOrganiser.zip"
    target="_blank">The Excel A2Z Project: </a>
    http://uk.geocities.com/philippeoget/a2z/

    Philo Hippo, Oct 14, 2004

  3. Why not do away with the rash of pop-up windows from Spybot S&D by going to
    the immunize section and choosing the "Block all bad pages silently" option?

    Oxford Systems, Oct 14, 2004
  4. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Spybot does not work that way. It will only find spyware when you tell it to search.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Oct 14, 2004
  5. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    EricP Guest

    Incorrect. It has SD resident that runs continuously in the
    background.

    EricP, Oct 14, 2004
  6. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    The Tech Guy Guest

    make sure u have the latest version of spybot
    or try spysweeper , it removes twice as many spyware as spybot
    i havent use spybot or adware for months

    try spysweeper
    http://www.spysweeperonline.com/

    --
    Jason

    Adware Spyware Removal - Scan your PC Absolutely FREE
    http://www.supportcave.com/spy-sweeper.html

    Suddenly on pages such as mail.yahoo.com ... www.mapquest.com and
    www.msn.com I am getting a rash of pop-up windows from Spybot asking me if I
    want to block downloads from Avenue A and, I think, DoubleClick (I forget if
    that's it or not off the top of my head). So what's the deal? Anyone else
    know about these? It's so bad that on Mapquest sometimes the front page
    won't even load due to Avenue A! I have to hit F5 a few times before I get
    it to load due to Apybot blocking these downloads. I'm not complaining
    about Spybot, mind you ... just about Yahoo, MSN and Mapquest using known
    spyware junk in their advertising blitz!

    The Tech Guy, Oct 14, 2004
  7. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Barry OGrady mused:

    | Spybot does not work that way. It will only find spyware when you tell it
    | to search.

    Didn't install the teatimer, then? ;-)

    mhicaoidh, Oct 14, 2004
  8. I guess I should have worded this a bit better. What my real question is
    .... is about all the usage of Avenue A and DoubleClick on popular pages! I
    thought that MSN and Yahoo, especially, were "trying" to help us all do away
    with spyware. Yet here they are ... shoving it down our throats on their
    websites! And what's worse ... www.msn.com comes up with not ONE ... but
    TWO warnings about Avenue A!

    Yes, I am going to "go silent" with Spybot from now on. I was just curious
    if anyone knew why all of a sudden it's happening so bad!

    Sens Fan Happy In Ohio, Oct 14, 2004
  9. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    Pennywise Guest

    On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 18:51:37 -0400, "Sens Fan Happy In Ohio"

    |>I guess I should have worded this a bit better. What my real question is
    |>... is about all the usage of Avenue A and DoubleClick on popular pages! I
    |>thought that MSN and Yahoo, especially, were "trying" to help us all do away
    |>with spyware. Yet here they are ... shoving it down our throats on their
    |>websites! And what's worse ... www.msn.com comes up with not ONE ... but
    |>TWO warnings about Avenue A!
    |>
    |>Yes, I am going to "go silent" with Spybot from now on. I was just curious
    |>if anyone knew why all of a sudden it's happening so bad!

    Take another approach! Use a host file and forget about it.

    Plus your web pages look cleaner asides from the quilted look due to
    the ads being removed :)

    http://www.everythingisnt.com/hosts.html
    (just one of many host files available online)

    Pennywise, Oct 15, 2004
  10. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    G. Morgan Guest

    24hoursupport.helpdesk
    And load faster!

    -Graham

    Remove the 'snails' from my email

    G. Morgan, Oct 15, 2004
  11. Sens Fan Happy In Ohio

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Sens Fan Happy In Ohio mused:

    | I thought that MSN and Yahoo, especially, were "trying" to help us all do
    | away with spyware. Yet here they are ... shoving it down our throats on
    | their websites!

    Consider, though, that there are slightly different definitions of what
    "spyware" means. Some take the conservative approach ... others do not.

    mhicaoidh, Oct 15, 2004