    renewed it with a working product.

    Boy this stinks - first iTunes then this. You would think we would see
    more support for 64 bit not less. I will never go back to Spy Sweeper...

    Don Awalt, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Don Awalt

    Jeremy Guest

    There are better tools and no cost.

    Jeremy, Jul 13, 2006

  3. Don Awalt

    Little Red Guest

    such as.......?

    Little Red, Jul 13, 2006
  4. Don Awalt

    Little Red Guest

    I bought it,too, a few months ago and regretted it for the following
    reasons:

    1. Does not work with XP64

    2. When it finds a so called "spyware" under XP32 - and you delete it
    because you don't really know what is legit and what is not - you may be
    deleting a legitimate file. To make a long story short, Spyware is very
    "stupid" and can't really differentiate between real spyware and necessary
    legit files, at least that was my impression so I quit using it, too. $30
    bucks down the drain...

    Little Red, Jul 13, 2006
  5. www.microsoft.com/spyware

    Windows Defender has a x64 version, and costs nothing to Genuine Advantage
    customers.

    Mark Gillespie, Jul 19, 2006
  6. Don Awalt

    Don Awalt Guest

    Yep - that's what we moved to! Spy Sweeper is history around here.

    You'll enjoy the nice reply I got from their support team, which was the
    last straw to move EVERYTHING off their product (even all x32 XP systems) --

    Hello-

    I'm a confused. It seems we have never supported 64 bit systems. That is
    a possibility in the future, but is not something we have supported in
    the past nor do we support it now.

    Our money back guarantee is for 30-days past the day of purchase. Seeing
    as you purchased your subscription last year I would be unable to refund
    your subscription.

    If you should need further assistance technical assistance please call
    our free technical support at 1-866-612-4227 Option 2 between the hours
    of 7am and 6pm Mountain Time Monday thru Friday. They can help you out
    more directly.

    Thank You.

    The Webroot Team.

    Don Awalt, Jul 20, 2006