    Please free up some space...'.

    Has anyone seen this message in these circumstances before and did you
    manage to fix it?

    ChrisM, Sep 4, 2006

  2. Is it a FOLDER, or is it a PARTITION? Two very different things.

    If if is a folder, that is nothing more than a logical part of your
    existing C:\ drive, and it should show whatever free space you have on C:\
    rather than jillions of gigabytes. So I think it's a partition. So:

    If it is a partition, from where did you get the drive space to create it?
    Did you use a partitioning tool, for example? If so, which one and what
    did you do with it?

    This will do for starters: Post back and we can take it from there.

    Gary G. Taylor, Sep 4, 2006

  3. ChrisM

    ChrisM Guest

    Yes, I am aware of the difference between folders and partitions. I am
    also familiar with the term 'volume', coming from a Netware admin
    background.

    Following standard XP practice, I created an empty folder in C: and,
    using 'Disk Management', created the volume/logical partition 'Games' on
    another HDD which was mounted to the said 'Games' folder. As said
    above, the system/installer can't spot that my 'folder' has the capacity
    to hold its intended load even though the nominal disk has not.

    ChrisM, Sep 4, 2006