    (system subsection) every time I reboot my PC.
    Any way to remove it?
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006

  2. Don't think I have ever encountered that one. Here's a link that might
    provide a pointer:

    http://www.kkaf.net/sptdfix.htm

    it mentions an error in sptd.sys that is triggered by 'daemon tools' - rings
    a bell?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Jul 18, 2006

  3. Colin Barnhorst, Jul 18, 2006
  4. Guest

    Jane C Guest

    I have the latest Daemon Tools installed - no errors at all showing in Event
    Viewer.

    Jane C, Jul 18, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Tony:
    Will check that site tonite.
    I don't have (and didn't have) Daemon Tools installed in my machine.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Jane:
    There ain't no Daemon Tools in my machine.
    Will keep investigating.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Colin:
    I will follow your advice and not remove my PC :)
    The thing here is that I don't have (and didn't have) Daemon Tools installed
    in my machine.
    Funny, uh?
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006
  8. Alcohol 120 or some such? SPTD is not a standard part of the install, but an
    add-on that several DVD programs use.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 18, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I guess I'll have to figure out what or who installed SPTD on my PC because
    Alcohol 120% is not there.
    By what I mean: program
    By who I mean: my kid or any of his friends while I am absent.
    I might just well try to install the SPTDinst X64 from Daemon Tools
    (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5) and
    see if that fixes it.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 18, 2006
  10. Yes, I'd do that. If you actually see it in Add/Remove, I'd first remove the
    old one, though, just in case.

    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel, Jul 19, 2006
  11. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Charlie:
    It doesn't show up in Add/Remove Programs in Control Panel.
    "Add" and "Remove" are just command-line options (no "/", no "-" needed) for
    the exe program.
    I tried the "remove" option which in fact did remove the program but also
    brought again the sptd error (different error #) in event viewer on the next
    reboot.
    So I decided to "add" it again and live happily ever after (at least until
    the next fresh install).
    Carlos

    Guest, Jul 19, 2006
  12. Guest

    USGrant

    Joined:
    Jan 24, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have downloaded and installed the new version 1.56 from duplexsecure.com.

    It is free and it fixes -- on my system at least -- these sptd.sys errors. The old file caused many crashes with Firefox.

    I have an old install of Alcohol 120, though I never use it.

    USGrant, Jan 24, 2009