spoolsv.exe error

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Jeff, Dec 19, 2003.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    When I try to reinstall the printer which was installed, I
    get a message that it cannot install a printer because a
    subsystem is not available.
    I often get messages from SPOOLSV.EXE that it has
    generated errors and will be closed by windows.You need to
    restart the programm.
    -unable to delete the registry keys. can someone provide a
    fix or any info on this error.

    This is the fix MS gave me.. But i can't remove reg enters

    Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
    Locate references to BitWare in the following keys in the
    registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\E
    nvironments\Windows NT x86\Drivers\Version-2

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\M
    onitors

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\P
    rinters

    On the Edit menu, click Delete for each BitWare subtree.
    Quit Registry Editor.
    Delete all BitWare drivers from the %SystemRoot%\System32
    \Spool\Drivers\W32x86 folder.
    Restart Windows.

    Jeff, Dec 19, 2003

  2. Jeff

    Izidro Guest

    I have same problem, and procedure to reinstal all
    printers drivers.... same printer driver is corrupt or
    attempting to updade. See for errors in log of the printer
    server and event vew. I hope helps you.

    Izidro, Dec 19, 2003

  3. Jeff

    Guest Guest

    Jeff: Do you have any printers? Right click and delete them if you don't need them. In the %system%\system32\spool folder you will find the drivers folder. Guess what might be stored there? With the spool service stopped, it is no problem removing temp files out of the printers folder and old driver files

    The spooler service stopping will leave you with no printers and no way to install them Go to the Services and restart spooler. Voila! All printers you did not remove from the drivers folder are there

    Now install the new printer driver. If it doesn't work, get another driver. The one you have is no good.

    Guest, Dec 19, 2003
  4. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Hey Marko,
    Thanks for the feedback. I do have a local printer
    connected to my computer. I have removed the printer in
    add/remove programs. when trying to reinstall I get the
    following error now.
    """Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of
    resources.""

    Please help

    Jeff, Dec 19, 2003
  5. Jeff

    Guest Guest

    ----- Izidro wrote: -----

    I have same problem, and procedure to reinstal all
    printers drivers.... same printer driver is corrupt or
    attempting to updade. See for errors in log of the printer
    server and event vew. I hope helps you.

    I'm sorry, Izidro, But what the hell are you talking about?

    Trying to decypher what you wrote: You are an MCSE who has no idea how to fix a common, garden variety print driver issue. So you try to re install the driver (no go) and then try update but you have the same problem. So the bit that you learnt in your MCSE training to turn off the spool service and manually delete the printer driver files, you have forgotten all of that or you just never learnt it in the first place? So finally you offer that the "printer server" (which I take it is the machine that has the printer attached?) has errors in the event viewer that will help here? I doubt that.

    Guest, Dec 19, 2003