    if/how this can be done. Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

    Steve
    =

    Cleetus Awreetus, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Cleetus Awreetus

    Merv Guest

    You should be able to terminate the PVC on the 6509 using an
    sub-interfaces something like:
    int ATM x/0/0
    no ip address
    logging event subif-link-status

    interface ATM x/0/0.10 point-to-point
    description PVC #1
    bandwidth xxx
    ip address
    pvc PVC_1 1/10
    protocol ip x.x.x.x broadcast
    vbr-nrt 1536 1536 1
    encapsulation aal5snap

    interface ATM x/0/0.20 point-to-point
    description PVC #2
    bandwidth
    ip address
    pvc PVC_2 1/20
    protocol ip y.y.y.y broadcast
    vbr-nrt 1536 1536 1
    encapsulation aal5snap

    You coul then route the other groups traffic thru the second PVC.

    If they want to secure the traffic they they could use GRE& IPSEC to
    tunnel their traffic

    Merv, Apr 20, 2006

  3. These two PVCs are already in production and they're terminated with the
    sub-interfaces just like you've described. Take PVC #2 for example. I need
    to somehow extend that PVC so it terminates on another router.

    Cleetus Awreetus, Apr 20, 2006
  4. You need an ATM switch, like the LS1010 or 8510 inserted ahead of the
    6509. One with at least 3 OC3c ports. One for the inbound, two for
    the outbound.

    You map the one PVC to go out one interface, and the other to go out
    the other interface in the switch. No problem.

    Cost may be an issue that will make you rethink your desire to do this.
    You won't be able to do it with the gear you have now.

    Doug McIntyre, Apr 20, 2006
  5. Cleetus Awreetus

    Merv Guest

    Discuss your issue with your carrier to see what solutions they can
    suggest.

    Also discuss the approach of you just routing the traffic from 7507 (
    without using theri ATM interfaces) to the second PVC. As I indicated
    earlier they could create a secure tunnel and have it transported over
    your infrastructure.

    Merv, Apr 20, 2006
  6. Cleetus Awreetus

    awrightus Guest

    Ah, I have an old 5513 with a ls1010 with adequate atm interfaces
    that's not doing anything. I'll give that a try. Thanks.

    Steve

    awrightus, Apr 20, 2006