    I configured a Split-tunnel on our PIX. However, I could not map a
    drive or browse the network neighborhhod. What else do I need to do.
    Thanks.

    someone, Dec 5, 2003

  2. :I configured a Split-tunnel on our PIX. However, I could not map a
    :drive or browse the network neighborhhod. What else do I need to do.

    I doubt the two have to do with each other.

    Browsing a network neighborhood requires use of a WINS server if
    you are in a different IP subnet.

    Mapping a drive... that sounds more like Novell to me. Novell IPX
    cannot be transported over a PIX.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 5, 2003

  3. someone

    Rik Bain Guest

    Need more information. Are you trying to browse network shares/map
    drives over IPSEC? What is the topology of your issue?

    Rik Bain, Dec 5, 2003
  4. someone

    someone Guest

    Thanks for your reply.
    Yes I need o browse network shares/map
    drives over IPSEC

    someone, Dec 5, 2003
  5. someone

    Rik Bain Guest

    Then you will need WINS or DNS(AD). Test connectivity via ip address to
    verify that you dont have a problem there first. If you fail to map a
    drive via ip address, test TCP connectivity by telnetting to the host on
    port 135.

    Rik

    Rik Bain, Dec 5, 2003
  6. someone

    someone Guest

    My network is behind the pix
    I can map to network drives if I am not behind the firewall.
    What can i do on my pix to allow me to map to the other network which
    is also behind the pix. Thanks.

    someone, Dec 5, 2003
  7. someone

    James Parks Guest

    Two things, you can either:

    A: Put the machines names/IPs in your lmhosts file if they are static IP's,
    search for lmosts.sam for a sample on your local machine.
    B: Install a WINS server on the network side and configure your machine to
    query the WINS server.

    HTH

    James Parks, Dec 8, 2003
  8. someone

    someone Guest

    Thank you for your reply.
    I have WINS installed on the network.
    I was able to map if I am not behind the pix. But couild not map from
    behind the pix. Thanks.

    someone, Dec 8, 2003
  9. Can you answer these questions:

    -Can you ping the IP address of the host you are trying to access (the
    server that has the share)?
    -Can you ping the machine by it's hostname?
    -Is your machine thats behind the PIX configured to talk to the WINS
    server?

    The more info you can provide, the more help the group can offer,

    Michael

    Michael Gorsuch, Dec 9, 2003