  1. fiddaman64

    fiddaman64 Guest

    How do I turn it on?

    fiddaman64, Oct 21, 2004

  2. Filthy McNasty, Oct 21, 2004

  3. fiddaman64

    ~Brian~ Guest

    Unless you have MS Word or similar you cant! OE relies on the spellchecker
    from Microsoft, in Word, excel etc. If you want a free one that will work
    without these programs go to:

    http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

    Hope this helps!

    ~Brian~, Oct 21, 2004
  4. fiddaman64

    soup Guest

    ~Brian~ popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and
    said
    Use the vampire one myself (that the one with the eagle ? ).
    Seem to remember enabling an English dictionary as opposed
    to the default American one, lost when I had to reformat e-mailed
    vampire but never got a reply. , does anyone know how this is done.

    soup, Oct 21, 2004
  5. fiddaman64

    trout Guest

    I've seen the mythical UK English dictionary for the program
    mentioned enough times for me to believe it exists (usually by people
    that say they'll have a rummage around and get back to me). I believe
    it's mentioned on the site, but my email went unanswered, as well.
    I keep meaning to ask over at alt.comp.freeware. If anyone knows,
    it's probably someone over there.

    trout, Oct 23, 2004
  6. fiddaman64

    soup Guest

    trout popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
    Sorry Trout but it is NOT a myth , I have used it, sure there was
    some sort of code to be inputted that enabled the English (UK)
    dictionary have re formatted since and lost everything so after
    re-installing "Spellcheck for OE2" e-mailed for instructions on
    how to enable the english (UK) dictionary but vampire (?)
    never got back to me.

    soup, Oct 23, 2004
  7. fiddaman64

    trout Guest

    Yes; just a (poorly chosen) figure of speach. That's what I mean- I
    have heard from lots of people that *used* to have it, but don't
    currently know where to get a copy. I'd like one myself, which is why
    I've noticed these mentions for years; but always with the same result.

    trout, Oct 23, 2004
  8. fiddaman64

    soup Guest

    trout popped their head over the parapet saw what was going on and said
    As far as I can remeber you allready have it it has to be enabled
    using a code or something.

    soup, Oct 24, 2004
  9. fiddaman64

    ~Brian~ Guest

    I have yet to get near finding it! As others I believe it to be a myth, and
    no one has ever been able to prove it exists - Yet!

    ~Brian~, Oct 24, 2004
  10. fiddaman64

    trout Guest

    It's been while since I looked into this; but as I recall, you're
    supposed to get the appropriate .lex file (for your flavour of English),
    and copy it with the rest of the spellcheck program in Programs/Common
    Files/Microsoft Shared/ Proof. I remember that I got as far as
    downloading various other spellcheckers to swipe the appropriate
    dictionary (one person swore that The Compubridge "Autospell" version
    was compatible), but I've had no luck so far.

    trout, Oct 24, 2004