    Please help, it makes more than 3 weeks now than the Network connection does
    not work

    Thanks

    Micheline Dupuis, May 2, 2004

  2. Micheline Dupuis

    Guest Guest

    Is 192.168.2.1 the router address?
    If so, is 192.168.2.1 set as the default gateway address on
    the PC?

    Guest, May 2, 2004

  3. Micheline Dupuis

    Dan Shea Guest

    What router?
    Your computer is not picking up an address from a DHCP server. In
    this case, your router should be supplying DHCP services. Either your
    router is not configured properly to act as a DHCP server, or it is
    broken, or your computer is not correctly hooked up to the router.

    Open a command prompt and type "ipconfig /all" (without the quotes).
    Post the results here.

    Go into Network and Dialup Connections and check the status of your
    LAN connection. Make sure it shows as connected.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, May 3, 2004
  4. Micheline Dupuis

    Dan Shea Guest

    Never mind, got that from the subject.. <g> The rest of the post
    stands.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, May 3, 2004
  5. Yes, the LAN connection shows that I'm connect but the IP address is 0.0.0.0
    I can't repair the connection

    When I did the command ipconfig /all
    The DOS window just close

    Can you tell me how to configure the router to act as a DHCP server

    Thanks in advance

    Micheline Dupuis, May 3, 2004
  6. Yes, the Router adress is 192.168.2.1

    I have no Gateway adress on my PC that I know about.

    Bell Sympatico help desk says to choose Obtain an IP Adress automatically
    and Automatic Private IP Address

    Have you another suggestion

    Thanks in advance

    Micheline Dupuis, May 3, 2004
  7. Micheline Dupuis

    Dan Shea Guest

    Bring up a command prompt -- e.g. Start -> Run -> type "cmd" or
    "command". Now try "ipconfig /all".
    It should be set up to do this automatically. If you haven't changed
    the default settings, then you probably don't need to -- and, since
    you're not getting an IP address, you probably can't connect to the
    router to change the settings, anyways... :)

    Frankly, you are in a bit of a jam. I would do three things:

    1) RTFM.
    2) Reset the router to default settings Not familiar with this model,
    but hopefully it has a nice big "RESET" button on it.
    3) Listen to Sympatico. If they supplied you with this router and now
    they're telling you it's not working, tell them to make it right.

    Cheers,
    dan

    Dan Shea, May 3, 2004