    pro camera, especially for sports, and hoi-palloi Nikonians wanting
    12mp will now reach for the D200. Thoughts?

    Ben

    kombi45, Sep 5, 2005

  2. kombi45

    GTO Guest

    The original list price of the D100 (21-Feb-02) was US$1999. BTW, the price
    development for the D100 was as follows:

    Feb-02: US$1999
    May-03: US$1699
    Dec-03: US$1499
    May-05: US$999

    When looking at the list price for previous models, e.g. the D1= US$5000 and
    D2X = US$4999, Nikon seems to position its cameras in categories (beginner
    D??, intermediate D???, professional D?H and D?X) such that they have
    similar list prices at introduction. Hence, I think the list price of the
    D200 at introduction will be US$1999. Based on the same, I believe that the
    D3H will list for around $3400 and the D3X will be listed at around $5000.

    Sure since the US dollar lost value compared to other currency, this might
    bend the list price of the D200 towards US$2,200.

    But where is the D200 anyway?

    Gregor

    GTO, Sep 5, 2005

  3. kombi45

    Mike Warren Guest

    Mine arrived last week. Didn't you pre-order one? ;-)

    -Mike

    Mike Warren, Sep 5, 2005
  4. Last week? I got mine in June.

    Jon Nadelberg, Sep 5, 2005
  5. kombi45

    kombi45 Guest

    They shipped with the D3H and D3X you just mentioned...

    kombi45, Sep 5, 2005