    7+8 -ve

    Fed with the points own 3v psu, via a 20M CAT5... and NOTHING !
    Do 3com use a different spec ?

    Quagmire, Nov 8, 2008

  2. PoE uses 48VDC (standard telephony voltage).
    If you are building your own power source, make sure you include
    suitable current limiting protection (1/3rd Amp, IIRC) so the cable
    doesn't burst into flames in the event of a short circuit.

    There are two different schemes for feeding the power down the
    cable. I don't know which your item uses.

    Andrew Gabriel, Nov 9, 2008

  3. Quagmire

    Quagmire Guest

    So... the original 3v PSU isn't man enough then ! that answers that....
    but I have seen DIY adaptors on the net - none that I can remember mention
    the higher voltage...

    Quagmire, Nov 10, 2008