Specify which network adapter to use

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jinded, Sep 16, 2013.

  1. Jinded

    Jinded

    Joined:
    Sep 16, 2013
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi guys,

    I've seen a few other posts with similar questions, but I wasn't able to figure this out from reading those threads. My network setup is as shown in the attached picture.

    Router 1 is connected to the internet and runs the DHCP server. Router 2 is on another floor and connected via powerline ethernet adapters to Router 1. Router 2 has a few devices connected to it via ethernet, among those my HTPC.

    My issue is with the Media Server. Because of the circuit infrastructure, the powerline adapters reduce internet speeds at Router 2 down from 75/35 to about 15/10. The Media Server has 2 wifi adapters attached to it. I'd like to use the 5GHz adapter only to stream media to the HTPC and the 2.4GHz adapter for all other traffic, but I don't know how to configure the computer that way.

    I'm guessing I have to configure the routing table on the Media Server, but am not sure how to do that. Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!

    Attached Files:

    Jinded, Sep 16, 2013