    "We can no longer accept a process that doles out earmarks based on a member
    of Congress' seniority, rather than the merit of the project,"

    Presidential candidate, Obama - 4/18/08

    walter, Mar 6, 2009

  2. walter

    VanguardLH Guest

    You saw "politics" or "economy" somewhere in the title of THIS
    newsgroup?

    VanguardLH, Mar 6, 2009

  3. walter

    walter Guest

    As has LONG been proclaimed, NOTHING is "off-topic" here in 24.

    walter, Mar 6, 2009
  4. walter

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Take that .35 and let some air into that empty head of yours FFS!

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,

    Keyser Söze, Mar 6, 2009
  5. walter

    Whiskers Guest

    I'm just unable to determine in this instance what, if any, help or
    support might be called for.

    Whiskers, Mar 6, 2009
  6. walter

    Keyser Söze Guest

    You assume quite naturally that this newsgroup is to 'provide' help and
    support by individuals, and I wouldn't disagree with that. But...

    .... What one must consider, is while help and support can manifest itself in
    many different forms and for different purposes for individuals, the 'help'
    and 'support' can, in the absence of any criteria for the group, be the help
    and support an individual seeks for themselves in an effort to come to terms
    with their own 'struggles', whatever they may be.

    So, one could argue that 24hoursupport.helpdesk could be the Samaritan of
    Usenet and a response to a post unnecessary in certain instances :)

    Keyser Söze, Mar 6, 2009
  7. walter

    Whiskers Guest

    Well it would help my understanding if someone could (a) translate that
    original quote into a form of English devoid of what I take to be US
    political jargon so that a Brit can make some sense out of it and (b)
    reassure me that the original post wasn't some sort of inarticulate cry
    for help with something.

    I agree that some posts here are rhetorical. And some really are just
    nonsense. That's the magic of this group :))

    Whiskers, Mar 6, 2009
  8. walter

    Mike Yetto Guest

    Implied in the name of the froup is its purpose. Help and
    support at any time with any question. Is the OP looking or help
    starting a flame war? Support for a stupid opinion? Then I
    submit that it could be on topic.

    Mike "but worthless, nevertheless" Yetto

    Mike Yetto, Mar 6, 2009
  9. walter

    catchme Guest

    who doesn't want to support their nations' economy, and/ or their chosen
    political party?

    devil's advocate...

    --
    To the States or any one of them, or any city of the States,
    Resist much, obey little,

    -Walt Whitman, 1860

    catchme, Mar 6, 2009
  10. walter

    Whiskers Guest

    Wrong nation for me then ;))

    Whiskers, Mar 6, 2009
  11. MAYONNAISE! *whoosh*...

    --

    I am Bucky Breeder, (*(^; , and I'm a "Moderate Republican"...
    which means that I *COULD* shoot farm-raised wild-game from

    Get yerself some Canadian wimmins in yer pickup truck without
    even using up any of your federally regulated tranquilizer darts :

    http://www.royalcf.com/images/mayonnaise230ml.jpg

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 6, 2009
  12. §ñühw¤£f was tricked into taking his psycho-meds from
    a penis-shaped Pez-dispenser, and then wrote this with
    My "racism" comes from 1) watching too much of the NASCAR races;
    and, 2) being the Undisputed Champion of the Universe in my GTA clubhouse!

    I'm an anti-racistism-advocate. I just don't like peeples who look like
    big overgrown buttholes all over the place using up the hard-working white
    man's tax dollars for crack and ho's and bling-bling and big ole hubcaps
    that spin backwards while they're sitting still at the redlights punching
    their ho's in the face and shit... If you're a different race, that's
    diversity; but, if you look like the color of a butthole all over, then
    that's just something else for Al Sharpton to be mad at white people about.

    So why, you writing a book? Nobody even wants your book on your st00pid
    Marxist food stamp ideas! Your book would probably have doody-pile popups.

    I use the hair-dryer in the tub to make my daily health-food toaster
    str00dells...

    http://www.pillsbury.com/products/breakfast/frozen/Toaster-Strudel-
    Pastries.htm

    Unlike *YOU*, who eats your own geritric doody-diapers.

    Bucky Breeder, Mar 7, 2009