    RichA Guest

    This is kind of interesting. Could save the domestic airlines some fuel (probably) if they implemented it on normal jets too. But since (unlike with cameras) airline windows mostly provide an esthetic view, people might object to this.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26258971

    RichA, Feb 21, 2014

  2. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the idea has been talked about for years. passengers don't want it.

    you could also extend that concept to houses.by having lcd displays
    that show the outside rather than windows, you could better insulate
    the house, reducing heating and cooling costs. nobody would want that
    either.

    Guest, Feb 21, 2014

  3. RichA

    J. Clarke Guest

    It's a bizjet. "Greedy airlines" are not involved.

    J. Clarke, Feb 22, 2014
  4. RichA

    Robert Coe Guest

    : In article <>,
    :
    : > This is kind of interesting. Could save the domestic airlines some fuel
    : > (probably) if they implemented it on normal jets too. But since (unlike with
    : > cameras) airline windows mostly provide an esthetic view, people might object
    : > to this.
    : >
    : > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-26258971
    :
    : the idea has been talked about for years. passengers don't want it.
    :
    : you could also extend that concept to houses.by having lcd displays
    : that show the outside rather than windows, you could better insulate
    : the house, reducing heating and cooling costs. nobody would want that
    : either.

    If we did, we could live in burrows, like rabbits or prairie dogs.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Feb 22, 2014
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Yes, but the people riding these planes will be forking over $15,000/each for things like a one-way ticket from New York to London. They are different.

    RichA, Feb 23, 2014