spanning-tree bpdufiler and IGMP

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by news8080, Dec 15, 2004.

  1. news8080

    news8080 Guest

    cat6500 switch with sup.720 running native IOS 12.2(17)sx

    we need to have IGMP enabled on the ports (I did the following commands

    config t
    ip multicast-routing
    interface vlan12
    ip pim
    exit

    gig1/4 and gig1/5 are in vlan12. but when I do 'show ip igmp interface
    gig1/4' , it tells me IGMP is not enabled there.

    If I do 'show ip igmp inter vlan12' that tells me IGMP is enabled.

    Do I need IGMP enabled on the physical interfaces as well as the vlan
    interface for switch to 'do' igmp on that vlan? and is the
    'spanning-tree bpdufilter enable' statement causing any issues with
    igmp?

    anyone?

    news8080, Dec 15, 2004