span command on IOS based switches

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JR, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. JR

    JR Guest

    Hi All,

    We are connecting a Intrusion Detection box with the capability of URL
    blocking based on content to a Cisco 6500(IOS based) span port. Now the
    blocking is not working, which can work on a CATOS span port (which has the
    incoming pkts enabled).

    We don't have the incoming pkts enabling option in IOS based span commands
    which is restricting the ID box to inject packet into the network on those
    packets which needs to be blocked.

    The command "monitor session" doesn't have any option to do that on the
    destination interface, it has only rx and tx for the source port / vlan,

    has anyone gone thru this issue before?

    Regards,

    Ramesh.

    JR, Jun 3, 2004