    Provide a VOIP dial tone
    Else:
    Divert call to a VOIP number with no (or near to no) delay

    Robert Gauld, Aug 6, 2006

  2. Robert Gauld

    Jono Guest

    Robert Gauld explained :
    It's certainly possible to do both, however, I'm not sure it can do
    both at once.....will the divert/forward stop it giving you dial tone
    when you call in on your mobile?

    I suppose you would make use of the "PSTN Caller ID Pattern:" section
    for your mobile on the PSTN Line tab. On the User 1 tab, set up a
    forward on no answer, with a shorter delay for other calls.

    Will you be diverting to a VoIP number from the same provider as you
    have configured on your device?

    Jono, Aug 6, 2006

  3. Robert Gauld

    Robert Gauld Guest

    which is exactly why I'm asking.

    will the divert/forward stop it giving you dial tone when
    Sorry should probably have been more precise on that. It will either
    forward to a number from the same provider (one of those 7 number
    jobbies) or to a static IP.

    Robert Gauld, Aug 6, 2006
  4. Robert Gauld

    Graham. Guest

    If you do use Asterisk you can do what I do

    Call comes in (DDI used specifically for this purpose). Call is not
    answered.
    Asterisk waits 5 seconds then returns the call to the CLI it just
    registered.
    You answer the call and Asterisk asks you for a password then gives you
    dialtone.

    The beauty of this is no charge whatsoever is made to the initiating phone
    so for example, I can use my Company mobile to make personal international
    calls and the kids can make calls from their PAYG mobiles with minimal
    credit
    (Asterisk logs everything of course)

    Graham., Aug 6, 2006
  5. Robert Gauld

    Jono Guest

    Robert Gauld expressed precisely :
    Do you not have one yet?

    Jono, Aug 6, 2006
  6. Robert Gauld

    Robert Gauld Guest

    No - I'm asking if it can before I buy one - hence the "If not is there
    a similar unit (as in small and not that expensive) which can" part of
    my original question. I wanted to find out if it would / might work or
    if it's already been tried with/without success before parting with my
    money.

    Robert Gauld, Aug 6, 2006
  7. Robert Gauld

    Jono Guest

    Robert Gauld formulated on Sunday :
    Fair enough. There'll be someone along here, at some point, I would
    imagine' that'd be prepared to try it on their device.

    Have you looked in the Linksys/Sipura user forum at http://voxilla.com
    ?

    Jono, Aug 6, 2006
  8. Robert Gauld

    Mike Guest

    I would appreciate an example of how you set this up on Asterisk, it's
    something I would like to do, but, a working example might just get me
    started !

    I have an spa3000, had a couple of stabs at getting it configured as
    pstn gateway for *, its now back in the box for a while.....

    Mike, Aug 6, 2006
  9. Robert Gauld

    Graham. Guest

    I would appreciate an example of how you set this up on Asterisk, it's

    This is the Nerd Vittles article that whetted my apatite.

    http://nerdvittles.com/index.php?p=73

    Look at the heading "One ringy-dingy"

    I ended up doing things a little differently, the dialtone gives me access
    to the 'from internal' context so I can do anything a local extension can
    do.
    I use a Sipgate trunk to receive the initial trigger call,
    and VoIPCHEAP to make the call-back and the onward call (only one account
    needed though).

    If I have time I will post my config file later. I will need to censor it
    first.

    Graham., Aug 6, 2006
  10. Robert Gauld

    Graham. Guest

    OK here is what I did.
    Paste something like this at the bottom of extensions_custom.conf
    where: 2462468 is my sipgate number (and incoming user context)
    and: 1234 is the DISA (or should that be DOSA:) password
    Point the incomming route for 2462468 to custom app:
    custom-ringy-in,6608571,1

    ;graham one ringy dingy
    [custom-ringy-in]
    exten => 2462468,1,NoOp
    exten => 2462468,2,Congestion
    exten => 2462468,3,Hangup

    exten => h,1,SetCIDNum(${CALLERIDNUM:1})
    ;the ':1' above strips the first digit (0)
    exten => h,2,System(echo channel: SIP/VOIPCHEAP/0044${CALLERIDNUM} >
    /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
    ;the '0044' above adds prefix
    exten => h,3,System(echo context: custom-callout >> /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => h,4,System(echo extension: ${CALLERIDNUM} >> /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => h,5,System(echo priority: 1 >> /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM})
    exten => h,6,System(echo callerid: >> /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}) ; Your CallerID
    for your TelaSIP account goes here (just use this line as-is. Graham)
    exten => h,7,System(echo sleep 10 > /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
    exten => h,8,System(echo cp /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM} /var/spool/asterisk/outgoing exten => h,9,System(chmod 775 /tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
    exten => h,10,System(/tmp/${CALLERIDNUM}.2)
    exten => h,11,Hangup()

    [custom-callout]
    exten => s,1,Background(silence/1)
    ;exten => s,3,Background(asterisk-friend) ; announcment too anoying,
    commented out.
    exten => s,2,Authenticate(1234)
    exten => s,3,DISA(no-password|from-internal)

    Graham., Aug 6, 2006
  11. Robert Gauld

    Graham. Guest

    OK here is what I did.
    Paste something like this at the bottom of extensions_custom.conf
    where: 2462468 is my sipgate number (and incoming user context)
    and: 1234 is the DISA (or should that be DOSA:) password
    Point the incomming route for 2462468 to custom app:
    custom-ringy-in,2462468,1

    Graham., Aug 6, 2006
  12. Robert Gauld

    Robert Gauld Guest

    Thanks for the link. It appears the options I'm after are mutually
    exclusive so can't both be done at the same time.

    Robert Gauld, Aug 6, 2006
  13. Robert Gauld

    Mike Guest

    Thanks Graham,

    I had a look a while ago at the nerdvittles article, & had been circling
    round it & other similar how-to's, just need to get the grey matter in
    gear & some uninterrupted time.

    Mike, Aug 6, 2006
  14. Robert Gauld

    Guest Guest

    Just working this up using voip.co.uk, they do not require international
    format. & to make things interesting, I would like this to include
    access from a Spanish 0034 number.
    I think I have it cracked, I will test using the UK setup to check for
    typo's & then rework a little.

    Any comments ?

    Guest, Aug 9, 2006
  15. Robert Gauld

    news1001 Guest

    Got the Uk part right just cannot get past dtmf problems.
    what is your dtmfmode for sipgate ?

    might have to leave this for a couple of weeks !

    news1001, Aug 9, 2006
  16. Robert Gauld

    Graham Guest

    I only used used Sipgate to trigger the callback.
    I used two VoipCheap trunks for the actual calls
    (they need international format)

    I found it only worked with inband signalling and
    a codec that can carry it ie ULaw or ALaw

    Oh yes, one problem I have yet to solve, if both parties are PSTN then the
    call doesn't clear-down!
    If one or both parties are GSM or VoIP then no problem.

    Good luck,

    Graham, Aug 10, 2006
  17. Robert Gauld

    Ivor Jones Guest