spa 3000 as PSTN card

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Steve, Apr 8, 2010.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Hi,

    I just wonder if someone can advice ...

    I have an asterisk server and I need to connect to the PSTN line.
    Instead of using a digium card, I wonder is an old SPA3000 would do the job?

    1) PSTN---SPA3000 ---(RJ45 cable ) ----asterisk

    I would imagine that receiving a phone call, I can send it to Ethernet
    cable !? can I do that ?
    but not sure how to configure it

    If not, which "ATA" would do the job ?

    ( I cannot use any PCI card for that, since I am using a Virtualisation
    system ( VirtualBox ) -> no interaction with the hardware

    Thanks for your help

    Steve, Apr 8, 2010

  2. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Yes I understand, but in a "normal" way, you will plug your analog phone
    on your ATA and this phone will be considered as VoIP phone for your
    asterisk server.

    this is not what I want to do.
    I won't plug any analog phone...
    - When the * server make a phone call on the extension -> I go through
    the PSTN Line ( OK, for that I know how to configure the SPA )
    - BUT when I receive a phone call, I don't want the phone call goes on
    to the analog Phone ( because of No phone plugged ) but goes through
    Ethernet TO the Asterisk server ?!?

    how to do that ?

    Thanks

    Steve, Apr 10, 2010

  3. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Great Thanks !!
    I also appreciate the ...http://lmgty.com :)

    Steve, Apr 10, 2010
  4. Steve

    Steve Guest

    I made some test :

    [122]
    type=friend
    defaultuser=122
    fromuser=122
    callerid=analoguePhone
    regext=122
    secret=122
    insecure=invite,port
    port=5060
    host=dynamic
    context=default

    [linksysout]
    type=friend
    username=linksysout
    fromuser=linksysout
    regext=222
    secret=222
    port=5062
    insecure=invite,port
    host=dynamic
    context=from-pstn

    localhost*CLI> sip show peers
    Name/username Host Dyn Nat ACL Port Status
    122/122 192.168.0.175 D 5067
    Unmonitored
    222/222 192.168.0.186 D 5060
    Unmonitored
    linksysout/linksysout 91.189.90.40 D 44432
    Unmonitored
    3 sip peers [Monitored: 0 online, 0 offline Unmonitored: 3 online, 0
    offline]
    localhost*CLI>

    that's really weird... the Linksysout has registered with the external
    IP Address... ( WAN )

    Any idea what can cause this problem ???

    On the SPA, both ( PSTNLine and SIP ) will register to the * asterisk :
    192.168.0.25

    I made sure that the ports are differents between the 2 registrations.

    Do you have the same ? Is that a normal registration ?
    Thanks

    Steve, Apr 10, 2010