    I would like this to be seamless and not need me to prefix the number
    with anythink?

    Cheers, Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 14, 2007

  2. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    Would you please describe what does work? Outgoing calls? Incoming
    calls? Both?
    This is a dial plan issue. It should be easy to fix. But if outgoing
    calling is not working you should fix that first.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jun 14, 2007

  3. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    Outgoing calling is working ok with just the one line, want to use one
    voip provider for in-coming and another for outgoing, any suggestions re
    dial plan would be great

    bob garbutt, Jun 14, 2007
  4. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    The last last few pages of the SPA-2000 and SPA-3000 manual describe the
    dial plan syntax. It should be easy enough to locate with a search.

    I take it you want to avoid having to dial a number like 00442012345678.
    If you put <02:00442>xxxxxxxxx in the dial plan you need only dial the
    number as you would from a BT line. That is, 02012345678. The dial plan
    will replace the 02 with 00442. <01:00441>xxxxxxxxx would cover numbers
    like 01519876543.

    Brian.

    Brian, Jun 14, 2007
  5. bob garbutt

    Brian A Guest

    Alternatively, you can cover both instances:-

    <0:0044>[1-2]xx.
    The final dot is important.
    or local calls
    <:00441274>[2-9]xxxxx
    Where 1274 is the code from bradford - replace with your own.
    It assumes a 6 digit local number, if you have more or less digits
    then omit an 'x' or add one as appropriate.

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Get your friends to sign too!
    TV.

    Brian A, Jun 14, 2007
  6. Or <0:0044>[1-8]xx.

    If you want to cover the range including mobiles, or pick and choose
    within that the ranges you want to accpet.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 14, 2007
  7. bob garbutt

    bobgarb Guest

    hi again, still having problems with gettinbg the dialplan to work,
    all i want to do is to be able to make a local london call without
    dialing the 0207 and 0208! i tried all sort of alterations to a dial
    paln but cannot get it to work! Could someone give me a help? I've
    tried grafting in some examples that have been sent to me without any
    luck. Bob

    bobgarb, Jun 25, 2007
  8. bob garbutt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    You should be trying to set it up so you don't need to dial the '020',
    not the '0207'/'0208'. The area/dialling code for London is 020.

    With this is mind, does it work any better? You do need to dial the '7'
    or '8' in the examples you've given.

    Paul Cupis, Jun 25, 2007
  9. bob garbutt

    Paul Cummins Guest

    There is no 0207 or 0208 code...

    Paul Cummins, Jun 25, 2007
  10. Indeed the code for London is 020.

    The 3, 7 or 8 are part of the local phone number.

    For local London calls you can simply dial the local number, be it 3nnn
    nnnn, 7nnn nnnn or 8nnn nnnn or, when more ranges are added, 4nnn nnnn,
    5nnn nnnn etc.

    (*xx|0|00|<0:0044>[1-8]xx.|<:004420>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.)

    The above should work for the Betamax service such as VoIP Cheap,
    VoIPStunt, VoIPDiscount etc.

    This allows you to dial London numbers without the 020 dialling code.
    Though as mentioned above ensure you do did the full local number and
    not miss the first digit off the number.

    (*xx|0|00|<:020>[2-8]xxxxxxx|xx.) should work for Sipgate.

    If someone spots any mistakes, please let us all know.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Jun 25, 2007
  11. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    Am I correct in thinking the 0 and 00 elements have something to do with
    contacting an operator? How useful are they with a VoIP provider?

    Brian, Jun 26, 2007
  12. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    yep I realised what I said, sorry, not the first one to make that mistake

    bob garbutt, Jun 26, 2007
  13. bob garbutt

    bob garbutt Guest

    thanks everyone, it works like a dream, no doubt dial plans are great if
    you want to do lots of options, very powerful, but at the moment only
    wanted to do something very simple! I may get into dial plans when I
    have more time,

    regards, Bob

    bob garbutt, Jun 26, 2007
  14. bob garbutt

    Paul Cupis Guest

    Looks to me like that would be for dialling national (0) and
    international (00) numbers, nothing to do with an operator.

    Paul Cupis, Jun 26, 2007
  15. bob garbutt

    Brian Guest

    xx. matches both of those. 0 matches 0. Dial 0 and it goes out as 0
    after about a 3 second delay.

    Brian, Jun 27, 2007