    will see the full
    3200 processor.

    Thanks in advance

    Whorrorfan, Feb 19, 2005

  2. Whorrorfan

    c0m000 Guest

    OK, I have had a similar problem. Bought a bundled kit from
    tigerdirect.com. Soyo Kt600 v2 mobo, athlon 2900+, 512 memory etc.
    The mobo would not see the chip as a 2900+ (I know it's an oddball
    chip). Tried everything. Several users have experienced the same
    problem. I read that updating the bios would solve the problem. I had
    a friend do it for me and sure enough the board now sees the chip as a
    2900. However here is the catch, and it might not be what you want to
    hear. The bios flash fouled up the hard drive settings so we decided
    to just rebuild the hard drive (since it was a new install). But now
    the hard drive want take XP! This just happened today so I don't know
    if you want to try this or not but thought I would share that
    experience.

    good luck and keep us posted.
    cheryl

    c0m000, Feb 20, 2005

  3. Whorrorfan

    Whorrorfan Guest

    Problem solved.
    There is a JP3 on the motherboard. To read the full processor speed I just
    needed to add a jumper to connect the 1 and 2 prong and another jumper to
    connect the 3 and 4 prongs.
    Thanks to those that helped me.

    Whorrorfan, Feb 20, 2005