Soyo KT-600 and Geforce 5900

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by JoKeR 305th, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. JoKeR 305th

    JoKeR 305th Guest

    Just installed my new Geforce FX 5900 SE card on my Soyo KT-600 MoBo. Win XP
    Pro, SP1 and all updates, latest drivers for EVERYTHING (Via, Nvidia, etc),
    400W PS.

    Everything works until I try a 3D game (like Serious Sam). Then I lock up
    hard.

    Processor
    Model : AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800
    L2 On-board Cache : 512kB ECC Synchronous Write-Back (16-way, 64 byte line
    size)

    Mainboard
    Bus(es) : ISA AGP PCI IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
    MP Support : 1 CPU(s)
    MP APIC : Yes
    System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD 6.00 PG
    System : VIA Technologies, Inc. KT600-8237
    Mainboard : soyocomputer KT600-8237
    Total Memory : 1023MB DDR-SDRAM (2x512MB DDR sticks)

    Chipset 1
    Model : VIA Technologies Inc VT8377 Apollo KT400/A/600 CPU to PCI Bridge
    Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)
    Total Memory : 1024MB DDR-SDRAM
    Memory Bus Speed : 2x 133MHz (266MHz data rate)

    Video System
    Monitor/Panel : SONY CPD-G400/G400J
    Adapter : NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900

    My front Side Bus is 333 Mhz.

    I have a Phoenix-Award Bios. I set it to Optomized Defaults. Under "Advanced
    Chipset Features", I went to "AGP + P2P Bridge Control":
    AGP Performance = Fast
    AGP Aprture Size = 64MB (tried all of them from 32M to 1G)
    AGP Mode = 8X
    AGP Driving Control = Auto
    AGP Fast Writes = Disabled (also tried Enabled)
    AGP Master 1 WS Write = Enabled (also tried disabled)
    AGP Master 1 WS Write = Enabled (also tried disabled)
    AGP 3.0 Calibration Cycle = Enabled

    I've tried several different BIOS congigs, but it's still the same thing.
    Has anyone else gotten a Soyo KT-600 and 5900 to work?

    JoKeR 305th, Jun 15, 2004

  2. JoKeR 305th

    Plato Guest

    Some new video cards DEMAND that the newest version of DirectX is
    installed BEFORE you install the drivers for the card. Read the docs.

    Plato, Jun 15, 2004