    Can anyone recommend sources for reasonably priced used Nikon lenses?
    Thanks,

    Joe

    joefoto, Dec 22, 2006

  2. joefoto

    Guest Guest

    Is there a Wolf Camera near you? They deal in used equipment.
    Bob

    Guest, Dec 22, 2006

  3. Try Midwest Photo http://www.mpex.com/ Right here in Columbus Ohio or
    e-Bay.

    Joseph Meehan, Dec 22, 2006
  4. joefoto

    tomm42 Guest

    KEH Camera (www.keh.com) is one of the biggest sources. There is always
    Ebay, but procede with research, cautiously and carefully, I have
    gotten some good deals there. Set a price and don't do bidding wars.
    Also call photo dealers in your area. We had a good one near by, but
    the big box stores cause him to go out of business while he still had a
    shirt.

    Good luck
    Tom

    tomm42, Dec 22, 2006
  5. Well, eBay can be a great source for finding great deals on lenses if you
    properly use it. The only way to get a great deal on eBay and a guarantee
    to never pay too much is to seek out newly listed improperly priced Buy It
    Now auctions. Participating in auctions that run full term are a sure fire
    way of overpaying.

    Rita

    =?iso-8859-1?Q?Rita_=C4_Berkowitz?=, Dec 22, 2006
  6. I bought plenty of stuff on Ebay that I couldn't find in any shop.

    There are plenty of ebay transactions that complete lower than the normal
    2nd hand prices in shops.

    Philip Homburg, Dec 23, 2006
  7. Not cheap, but my FS items are accurately described and are tested.
    See -- http://www.ferrario.com/ruether/fs.htm for many items, including
    some non-Nikon gear and some sound and video gear...

    David Ruether, Dec 23, 2006
  8. joefoto

    Skip Guest

    I'll second KEH.com as a great source. Not as cheap as ebay, but the
    condition of the gear is always better than stated. I got a Canon 20-35
    f2.8L from them that was rated "Excellent" (some signs of use) that was
    absolutely pristine, the only sign that someone had owned it previously was
    a small dent in the leather hard case that came with it, a dent that looked
    like it had rested up against something hard for a while. Otherwise, not a
    scratch or ding on it, even on the mount. I can't speak highly enough of
    them.

    Skip, Dec 23, 2006