    detected by WinVista RC1(64-bit): High Definition Audio Device
    prob.: no sound

    Need Help! thx!

    Guest, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Hi:
    The best place to start is ASUS web page for your mobo.
    http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5GL-MX
    I don't see a Vista x64 driver but they do have one for Windows XP x64.
    It might be worth taking a shot at it.

    On the left pane you will also see a link to ASUS mobos forums where you may
    (or may not) find an answer to your question.

    Carlos

    Guest, Oct 29, 2006

  3. It's not the same board, but my Asus has 64bit directories on the System
    CD - there is one for the Audio too - it may have to be Vista specific in
    your case!

    If you're adventurous, I would suggest uninstalling any drivers and
    disabling he chip in your BIOS and re-boot a couple of times. Then enable
    the chip again and when Windows finds 'New Hardware' you put in that CD and
    point to the *.inf in the 64bit audio directory. If that doesn't work, I
    guess you're out of luck. Or take it up with Asus, and let them answer for
    their own mistakes.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    I have the latest ASUS P4W64 PRO Intel975X based mb with ADI 1988b integrated
    HD Audio. I have the identical issue. It looks like the person in charge of
    driver testing / configuration at ASUS is asleep at the wheel. ADI
    engineering says they write the drivers, but it is up to ASUS to configure
    them to work properly with WinXP x64.

    For the record my ADIHDaud.sys file (version 5.10.2.4560) says the following
    under file version info: "PRE-RELEASE built by: WinDDK" In addition is is
    NOT a 64 bit driver (like most of the other included .sys files) and it
    appears to be beta code at best.

    No on at ASUS seems to know or care about this issue as I have opened
    several support calls with them. They tell me to call Microsoft to resolve
    the issue. :=((

    It would be great if someone in the MS Expert community could come up with a
    way to prove whose issue it is for me. The MS Device Manager shows the
    hardware and the properties on the ADI UAA FUnction driver for High
    Definition Audio says:

    buttons below that text with no text next to them and then a check box that
    says "Do not map through this device" and then a settings button that when
    clicked says "Could not load the ADI UAA Function driver"

    This is some great stuff. I love it...

    Thanks in advance for any assistance on this.

    For the record, the WinXP32 version of this driver works flawlessly. This
    is a dual boot machine with a single NTFS partition with WinXPx32 and x64 so
    identical hw setup and settings.

    Guest, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Try this:

    ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/audio/ad1988/1988_610016030vista.zip

    OK for my Asus M2NPV-VM with ad1986a. Yes, the file says 1988, but it has
    ad1986a on the .inf. Now there is 5.1 sound and digital output.

    Guest, Jan 31, 2007
  6. Hi, could you please tell me what exactly is a ftp server

    Thanks

    Sharyl Cochran, Apr 26, 2008
  7. Guest

    Theo Guest

    FTP stand for File Transfer Protocol. An FTP server is a
    computer allowing internet connects for you to download
    files and, in some case, upload files.

    Usually if you are presented with what looks like a Windows
    Explorer display in your browser listing files and folders
    on a remote server, it's in the FTP mode.

    A few years ago FTP was entirely command line and everything
    displayed similar to a DOS prompt although virtually all
    the FTP servers were on Unix systems then.

    Theo, Apr 26, 2008
  8. Guest

    Theo Guest

    Theo, Apr 26, 2008