Soundbridge radio not networking with PC

Discussion in 'Home Networking' started by Steven Campbell, Apr 26, 2008.

  1. My mate emailed me this query and so far I've been unable to help him.
    Anyone able to offer some help?

    Cheers

    Steven.

    Got a Pinnacle Soundbridge as Xmas present and have set up wireless network
    around house which works quite well will PS3.

    Problem is that the Soundbridge will pick up the boys computer and I can
    play all the files on it, (both desktops are wired to the router (using a
    D-link DSL-G624T) the Soundbridge scans well and even picks up other
    networks in the building but will only sense my desktop music server when I
    use a USB wireless adapter connected to the desktop,(seems to defeat the
    idea of a wireless network as this is connected to a wireless router
    anyway!)the boys Pc is sensed by the Soundbridge always and without a USB
    adapter.

    Have compared both configurations,changed firewall settings on my Pc and the
    routers,checked all the WMP settings and forums. Have asked Pinnacle and
    D-link help centres,both tell me it's the opposite problem.Do you have any
    suggestions as just about giving up. The Soundbridge internet radio works
    well on it's own off the router so have assumed has a clear connection to
    this at all times and router is not problem.

    Steven Campbell, Apr 26, 2008