    to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
    fix it rather than patch it up.

    TIA

    Chris, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
    server?

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Chris

    Dogg Guest

    Yeah..it sucks how it does that. I guess for now, make your sounds the
    last thing you change.

    Dogg, Aug 16, 2004
  4. There was a funny thing that happened after SP1, it was to do with
    ownership of roaming profiles and XP would not load the profile.

    I'd assume it doesn't apply to people who are not on a domain.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    A home user on XP Pro

    Chris, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Yeah, I do make it the last thing I change but I change things most days
    as I run at 120dpi screen res and swap back to 96dpi so I can run a
    couple of programs. Problem is I have a 14" LCD with 1400x1050 native
    res and a 19" CRT so the best comprimise is 120 dpi.

    It's just one of those things that really gets under my skin.

    Was hoping I had goofed up on something and there was an easy solution.
    <sic>
    of course I could change to Linux and the world would be that much better
    </sic>

    :)

    Chris, Aug 16, 2004