    sound recorder when the audio is longer than a minute?

    Thanks,

    rsp

    rsp, Apr 16, 2004

  2. rsp

    Patrick Guest

    You need to create a file of the required length first.

    There are two ways you can do above said;

    Method #1, When you have got to the end of the first 60sec, if you press
    'Record' again then you will find that the thing will now show 120sec and
    continue recording. You can keep doing this until the file is required
    length, then save the file and record onto said file.

    Method #2, Save a 60sec file, open another instance. Now use 'Insert file
    ....' on the 'Edit' menu to insert the saved file, do this till required
    length is attained, then save new large-file for later re-recording.

    Patrick, Apr 16, 2004

  3. The alternative is to use another application which does not impose the
    one-minute limit on you. One of them is Audacity at
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net; there are others.

    Gary G. Taylor, Apr 16, 2004
  4. rsp

    Ruth Guest

    Ruth, Jun 9, 2004
  5. rsp

    Calhounsmith

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2011
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi, I have noticed that this is an old question.

    Yeah, the above showed ways are good for recording sound for more than one minute on Windows sound card.

    Alternatively, if you have googled a streaming audio recorder, you could find there are a lot of similar programs, which has no time limit for recording. Hope my answer could help you.

    Calhounsmith, Aug 29, 2011