    Any ideas?

    Thanks in advance
    R.M.Hill

    rmhill, Oct 23, 2003

  2. rmhill

    Thor Guest

    you still have driver problems. Either the incorrect driver, or they didn't
    install properly. Try removing them, and reinstalling.

    Thor, Oct 24, 2003

  3. rmhill

    rmhill Guest

    Thanks for the reply Thor.

    What I have tried so far.
    The card is a Xwave 4000. tried the drivers that came with the card. No go.
    Downloaded drivers would not decompress so will try downloading again.
    Tried card in 3 different PCI slots. Still no go.
    Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers about 5 times. No go. Even tried the
    ALS 4000 drivers but same thing.

    Any more ideas.

    Thanks in advance.
    R.M.Hill

    rmhill, Oct 24, 2003
  4. rmhill

    Thor Guest

    beyond trying the downloaded drivers again, or taking it to a professional
    tech for hands-on troubleshooting, no. Something is corrupt in the sound
    driver installation.

    Thor, Oct 24, 2003
  5. rmhill

    Frederick Guest

    Try buying a new sound card, The SB16 is about 19.00. Try to stay away
    fron the cheap soundcards. I had the als4000 and is was garbage. Took it
    back and get the new soundblaster audigy no problems.

    good luck

    Frederick, Oct 25, 2003