Sound missing from rear channels

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by John, Jun 5, 2005.

  1. John

    John Guest

    Hello.

    I'm a little stuck with my speaker settings.

    When I have my TV Tuner (ATI) open, for some reason I don't get sound
    from the rear speakers, or any other device with audio. I have only
    just noticed this.

    I went into the Surround Mixer and into Speaker Setting where I
    changed the speaker from 2/2.1 to 5/5.1. I did the speaker test which
    worked fine.

    However when I go back into the TV Tuner I still have no sound from
    the rear speakers.

    I have the Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS Sound Card.

    The sound for the TV tuner comes via S/PDIF input from my Sony Sky Box
    for the Satellite TV. Even if I just go via the analogue inputs and
    the line input, I still have no sound from the rear speakers.

    Playback of CDs and MP3s also doesn't get anything from the rear
    speakers.

    Can anyone suggest any things I could try?

    Thanks

    John

    John, Jun 5, 2005

  2. The reason you don't get any sound from the rears is becase you're playing
    back 2 channel stereo sound. This only has 2 channels of audio. You could
    turn on one of the CMSS modes from the EAX console, which'll upmix all 2
    channel stereo sound played back on yer PC into surround.

    Alternatively you could play back yer clips through a media player like
    PowerDVD which can upmix any clip played back through it with Dolby Pro
    Logic II or the Media Source software which has two DTS Neo 6 modes.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Jun 5, 2005