    recommendations out there for DVD playing software that will yield true 5.1
    sound? I was going to upgrade Power DVD after the new 64bit version comes out
    , but maybe there is something better and 64bit already. TIA, Gary.

    Guest, Jan 17, 2006

  2. Guest

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, I use Intervideo's WinDVD7, works fine...
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Nero Showtime (included in Nero Burning Rom package) works fine in 5.1 sound.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jan 17, 2006
  4. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks ChrisC and Carlos. I will search out if WinDVD7 or Nero is actual
    64bit software.

    Guest, Jan 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    ChrisC Guest

    Hi, probably not but would it really make any differnce?
    ChrisC

    ChrisC, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Guest

    Guest Guest

    There is no such thing as an x64 player for x64 (any format).
    Stick with x86 players with x86 decoders which get along very well with
    Windows XP x64 edition.
    Carlos

    Guest, Jan 17, 2006
  7. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks again Chris and Carlos. Makes sense. Gary

    Guest, Jan 17, 2006
  8. Far as I know I get 5.1 sound from Powerdvd.

    Do you have any info on the 64 bit version?

    The Frozen Canuck, Jan 18, 2006
  9. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Power DVD with the upgrade will do 5.1 (I just have the OEM basic). The
    upgrade is only 32bit and when I emailed the support people, their reply was
    that it would be ready "sometimes" this year. Maybe I should bug them again.
    Gary.

    Guest, Jan 18, 2006