    Anyone used the mentioned AVG before and which of the two do you perfer?
    Basically I just want to know which is the best of the two.

    TIA.

    Tim, Aug 16, 2003

  2. Tim

    °Mike° Guest

    Make your mind up. Are you talking about Sophos vs. Norton,
    Sophos vs. AVG, Norton vs. AVG ... or what?

    Anyway, there's no contest. Sophos is the better (of the *three*).

    Norton is bloatware, and will bog your system down.
    AVG is only average, at best - although it *is* free.

    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2003

  3. Tim

    why? Guest

    AVG, your subject line is Sophos v NAV, AVG is another product.
    Sophos.

    Me

    why?, Aug 16, 2003
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Ohhh, I didn't know AVG is also another anti virus, I was told it stands for
    anti virus guard.

    Okay, its Sophos Vs Norton.

    Does Sophos have similar features like Norton i.e. live updates.
    TIA.

    Tim, Aug 16, 2003
  5. Tim

    °Mike° Guest

    AVG is available from:
    http://www.grisoft.com/
    Version 7 is not free, but there is still a free version available.

    °Mike°, Aug 16, 2003
  6. Tim

    Boomer Guest

    Tim said:
    Hi

    Beside the information you get here you might want to read through
    these groups.

    alt.comp.anti-virus
    alt.comp.virus

    I use the freeware AVG btw.

    AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 6MB
    http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

    An excellent anti-virus program is this one.
    eTrust
    http://www2.my-etrust.com/

    Boomer, Aug 16, 2003
  7. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Tim <> typed
    || Anyone used the mentioned AVG before and which of the two do you
    || perfer? Basically I just want to know which is the best of the two.
    || TIA.

    Which mentioned AVG? You're mentioning NAV and Sophos.

    Sophos is much better, in my opinion, than Norton.

    As far as updates go, Sophos updates their virus sigs a couple (sometimes
    more) times each day.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 17, 2003
  8. X-No-Archive: Yes

    In Unknown <> typed
    || Neither is any good. Computers run far better, faster, have less
    || errors, and are far more trouble free without virus detect programs.
    || Just use your head and don't open e-mail from unknown sources and
    || keep your system updated via Microsoft.

    you're aptly named, aren't you.

    Robert de Brus, Aug 17, 2003