    Anybody know what is going on here or am I seeing things.
    Please help if you know what I mean. My daughter needs some progies on
    her machine and I am being stymied.

    joevan, Jan 1, 2007

  2. joevan

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    If is this that machine you were talking about yesterday? If that is
    that same machine, then I would just wipe the thing out myself and put
    back on it what was needed.

    I have been given or purchased machines from companies I have worked at
    and just flatten the hard drive and put on them what I needed and went
    on about my business, to avoid problems.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 1, 2007

  3. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Yes, I got the online thing worked out. Now when I insert a disk into
    the cd drive I get some sony crap and can't see what is on the disk.
    Are you suggesting format? Tthen I could install my xp pro on it.
    That would solve the problems but it all takes so much time.
    I just updated it with sp2 and all updates for my daughte but it is
    such a screwup if Sony is fouling up things.
    Please explain further if you can.

    joevan, Jan 1, 2007
  4. joevan

    old man Guest

    Trouble with that being the Sony recovery cd's will put it back as supplied
    condition.

    old man, Jan 1, 2007
  5. joevan

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Remove any cd's that are in the drive. Go to the device manager, right click
    on the cd drive and choose uninstall. Close the device manager. Follow the
    directions below and reboot, your drive will be redected and automatically
    re-installed.

    Cut and paste everything between the lines and paste it into notepad. Save
    the file as cdfix.reg and save it to the desktop. make sure you change the
    save as type.... drop down box to all files. Once saved double click on the
    file to merge it into the registry. Reboot.

    Begin cut below this line
    REGEDIT4

    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}]
    "UpperFilters"=-
    "LowerFilters"=-

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdr4_2K]

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdralw2k]

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdudf]

    [-HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\UdfReadr]

    End cut above this line

    pcbutts1, Jan 1, 2007
  6. joevan

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    When I got this laptop back in 2001 a Compaq, it came with Compaq
    recovery cd's for Windows ME. ME was crashing on the wireless all of the
    time. I got rid of ME period, and got the utility programs for the
    Compaq laptop from the Compaq site for Win2k when the machine was
    converted to Win2k and then the ones for XP, which the machine is now XP.

    The recovery CD when into the trash and I still got Compaq support even
    though I tossed its CD.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 1, 2007
  7. joevan

    Meat Plow Guest

    Don't do this Jovan. It may ruin you PC.

    Meat Plow, Jan 1, 2007
  8. joevan

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    I myself think that's what you should do.
    Have you gone to the Sony site and downloaded its drivers base on the
    O/S and the model of the Sony computer?
    If you can wipe it out, then maybe, that's the best thing to do and
    start fresh.

    Mr. Arnold, Jan 1, 2007
  9. joevan

    joevan Guest

    Thanks, worked like a charm.

    joevan, Jan 1, 2007
  10. joevan

    joevan Guest

    That is the uninstall and restart. I did nothing else. Working well.
    No messing with the registry needed.

    joevan, Jan 1, 2007
  11. joevan

    Leythos Guest

    PCBUTTS1 how are you going to address the Pornographic content on a site
    that you claim is to help people?

    Do you really want people to trust you with Pornography on your
    website:

    http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/pervert.htm
    http://pcbutts1.com/downloads/license.htm
    http://www.leythosthestalker.com

    Who is going to trust someone like you when you host FOUL content on
    your help site?

    Leythos, Jan 1, 2007