    PROGRAMED SPD DEVICE DATA IS REQUIRED FOR RELIABLE OPERATION, DDR 333
    MHZ MEMORY ASSUMED AT LOWEST TIMINGS.....................

    Any ideas?

    atlantic965, Jul 23, 2007

  2. atlantic965

    JANA Guest

    I am not familiar with the required specifications for the Sony computer,
    but I would start by putting back the original RAM. If the computer starts,
    this proves that the RAM you put in does not properly match to what is
    required.

    Especially with Sony computers, it is best to obtain add-ons and upgrades
    from Sony. They are very proprietary with many of there products.

    --

    JANA
    _____

    I bought this unit and removed the DVD ROM it came with and replaced
    with SONY DVD-RW and new memory BEFORE I started it up for the first
    time and get this error message:

    SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) DEVICE MISSING OR INCONCLUSIVE. PROPERLY

    JANA, Jul 23, 2007

  3. atlantic965

    why? Guest

    Did you need to shout?

    It's the memory.

    IntelĀ® Desktop Board SU810 - SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) Device ...
    SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) Device Data Missing or Inconclusive ...
    "SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) device data missing or inconclusive." ...
    www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/SU810/sb/CS-013663.htm - 20k
    - Cached - Similar pages
    IntelĀ® Desktop Board CA810E - SPD (Serial Presence Detect) Device ...
    "SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) device data missing or inconclusive."
    Properly programmed SPD device data is required for reliable operation.
    www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/CA810e/sb/CS-012807.htm - 20k
    - Cached - Similar pages
    [ More results from www.intel.com ]
    (spd) Serial Presence Detect - Suggest A Fix PC Support Forums
    (spd) Serial Presence Detect, Device data missing or inconclusive.
    Options V ... No more special presence detect (spd) device missing or
    inconclusive ...
    www.suggestafix.com/index.php?showtopic=22654 - 53k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) / RAM Problem - General Hardware ...
    SERIAL PRESENCE DETECT (SPD) Device data missing or inconlusive.. what
    does that mean ? i hav figured that part that its related to the ram
    being shown 64 ...
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=119381 - 80k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Put the original memory back, try the system scanner from
    www.crucial.com and the drop down 3 step advisor tool.

    Me

    why?, Jul 23, 2007