    Anyone?

    Thanks,
    Tim

    Tim, Sep 3, 2003

  2. My understanding is that the F717 will continue in production alongside
    the F828 for a time as an alternative offering with a lower spec.

    Sony already dropped the price $200 from its original $999 to $799
    MSRP. It's available through some discounters for as low as $590. I
    doubt that its MSRP will be reduced any further ...

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Sep 4, 2003

  3. Tim

    gilbert Guest

    Here in the New York City area, the price amongst local retailers (Circuit
    City, Best Buy, J&R, BH Photo) has essentially been fluctuating weekly
    between $699 and $799. I think the decision by Sony to keep it in the
    lineup right now will keep the prices within that range at least locally.
    If the 828 remains MSRP $1299 and street price of maybe $1099, the 717 will
    still be viable for folks looking for a very good digital camera in the $700
    price range. Unless, of couorse, there is a 727 planned for release :)

    gilbert, Sep 4, 2003
  4. Tim

    Tim Guest

    My best price found was $589.00 without shiiping. They tell me the day that
    the new camera is released is when the price will fall on the DSC-717

    Tim, Sep 4, 2003
  5. Tim

    JK Guest

    Perhaps not the day the F828 is released, but when the F828 is readily
    available and fully in stock with the back orders satisfied, the price on
    the F717 might drop. This might not occur for quite some time, and
    it might even take until early next spring if the F828 is in high demand.

    JK, Sep 4, 2003
  6. It would be much more impressive if it would be f2 at max telephoto
    rather than f2.8.[/QUOTE]

    LOL!!! It certainly would. I bet the size, weight and price would be
    too.

    Godfrey

    Godfrey DiGiorgi, Sep 5, 2003