    Logos come up in colour but the games don't, so we think that all the
    cabling must be OK. Any one have any ideas, please?
    Thanks

    Aunty Dodo, Jan 3, 2004

  2. Aunty Dodo

    Sultan Guest

    Aunty Dodo wrote in
    Other than trying it on a different tv just for giggles you can always try
    and see what an authorized repair center will soak you for.

    Sultan

    Sultan, Jan 3, 2004

  3. If i remember correctly, there is a switch on the cable that runs between
    the playstation and the tv.
    Try the switch and see wot happens.
    I could be totally wrong as i haven't had a playstation for ages.

    also this as well
    Why am I Getting a black and white picture on imported games ?
    This problem is apparent on imports only. Copies from your country will play
    with your existing set-up 100%. Imports can use another colour format
    (Europe and Australia uses PAL, USA and Japan uses NTSC) this means you will
    get a BW picture if you do not use a Red-Green-Blue scart lead thus
    bypassing all the colour encoding systems in the Playstation and your TV.
    Therefore a RGB scart lead is essential for playing imported games with
    other colour format. Imported games will work fine on most TV's as long as
    you use a scart lead to get the RGB (Red Green Blue) signals from the
    Playstation into the TV. This is by far the best way of connecting a TV
    anyway, because all your games are a little bit sharper with it.

    gaz

    Gareth not NLL or anybody else., Jan 3, 2004
  4. Check connections on PS1 to TV and vice versa - may have worked loose!

    John Stephenson, Jan 3, 2004
  5. Aunty Dodo

    Aunty Dodo Guest

    Thanks for all the suggestions - It seems that after being played all
    day the playstation just needed a rest. After being switched off
    overnight it worked perfectly the next morning and has ever since!
    Go figure .....

    Aunty Dodo, Jan 5, 2004