    RichA Guest

  2. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Mike, May 30, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, May 31, 2011
  4. RichA

    RichA Guest

    RichA, May 31, 2011
  5. RichA

    RichA Guest

    Be nice if the price dropped. As a 25 megapixel FF at low ISO for
    under $2k, it would be an attractive option for landscapes, studio
    work.
    Kind of begs the question at to why the company that made both sensors
    did such a poor job on one versus the other?

    RichA, May 31, 2011
  6. RichA

    Mike Guest

    Perhaps Canon can recall issues they had with the Pellix system?

    Mike, May 31, 2011
  7. Sony made other choises than Nikon even with the same sensor that may give other
    results. If you see how good those Sony sensor work in the top-dslr from Pentax.

    Do you have a D3X? No?

    Oh dear... You don't know what your talking about - you're a poor student
    reading the nikon booklets and knowing them by heart...

    If you don't have an A900 stop talking about it - it's a very capable camera at
    an affordable price.

    intolerably noisy??? You must be joking!

    DxO tells me it's not the way you're selling this nonsense. The A900 and 850
    share the same sensor - there's a very very tiny difference between those cams -
    and the A900 is still doing fine.

    The D3X may have in fact the same noisy sensor built in! Bad news for you it
    seems? And isn't it weird that all those larger than full frame CMOS sensors all
    seem to stop around 800 à 1600 ISO? Why do they do that for???

    It's a poor reaction from somebody who likes to replace religion by Nikon (the
    same way apple fans react) - and in this case a competitor must be dragged
    through the dust... It says more about you than about Sony.

    It causes more harm to nikon than to sony - i always tell to people asking me
    about what camera to buy - skip advises from those who push you to ONE certain
    BRAND. It's not about brands it's about what you want/need.

    Well - maybe we should talk about the OS that's inside the camera. I heard about
    Nikon it's even older than MS-DOS? And awfull. Do you have some info to share on
    that one?

    mutley-the-nikon-killer, Jun 2, 2011
  8. RichA

    DanP Guest

    You should channel all that energy into something more useful.

    DanP

    DanP, Jun 2, 2011
  9. RichA

    Guest Guest

    wrong. canon made two adapters for fd lenses, one without an optic and
    one with (which acted a weak teleconverter). third parties also made
    them, for a lot less money.
    canon is one of the most adaptable mounts (other than 4/3rd and micro
    4/3rds).

    Guest, Jun 7, 2011
  10. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    More pixels does not always mean better image quality.

    The Sony A900 and A850 are probably among the best examples of that:
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/63ykfju

    Bruce, Jun 13, 2011